Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VBP rear shorten composite 360 spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:41 PM
atp1234
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VBP rear shorten composite 360 spring

Up for sale is a rear 360 mono spring made by Vette brakes short and a half inch on each side to accommodate larger tires. It'll come with the mounting plate with half inch holes. 4 bolts that are the smaller thread size a set of 8-inch adjusting bolts and 10 inch bolts. I purchased this off another Forum member about a year ago, but decided to just keep Mine stock. Just looking to get what I got into it 300 plus shipping. Shipping only in the United States.
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2016, 01:23 AM
CA_WxMan
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

That looks like just what I need.
Any idea on shipping cost to zip 93010 in California?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-01-2016, 09:00 AM
atp1234
Instructor

Default Address

Originally Posted by CA_WxMan
That looks like just what I need.
Any idea on shipping cost to zip 93010 in California?

Thanks,
Chris
pm me you full address and I can get you a good price with no surprises
Old 12-01-2016, 11:41 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

If CA WxMan doesn't take it; I will. Info PMed.

Adam
Old 12-02-2016, 10:33 AM
atp1234
Instructor

ttt
Old 12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
CA_WxMan
Racer

ATP,

Is the spring still available?
I've PM'd you a few times since last Friday and haven't heard back from you.

If you've sold it to someone else, please have the courtesy to let me know.

Thank you
Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

ATP1234 and I came to an agreement on 12-2 and I paid him on 12-2 or 12-3; it's being shipped to my house as we speak.

Adam
The following users liked this post:
atp1234 (12-08-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 01:51 AM
CA_WxMan
Racer

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
ATP1234 and I came to an agreement on 12-2 and I paid him on 12-2 or 12-3; it's being shipped to my house as we speak.

Adam
Really...On 12/2 ATP1234 sent me two messages and I sent him two replies.
I had sent him my contact info on 12/1 and again on 12/2, so it wasn't like I couldn't be reached.
I also sent another message on the morning of 12/5, because I hadn't heard anything back from him.

If you two did reach an agreement on 12/2, then ATP should have had the decency to reply to my PMs and let me know that he had already sold it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect a bit better from folks here on the forum. This was the kind of sh** that you expect on Craigslist.

Is the Corvette Forum "For Sale" section really on that same level as Craigslist....?

Last edited by CA_WxMan; 12-09-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

I had sent him my contact info on 12/1 and again on 12/2, so it wasn't like I couldn't be reached.
I also sent another message on the morning of 12/5, because I hadn't heard anything back from him.

If you two did reach an agreement on 12/2, then ATP should have had the decency to reply to my PMs and let me know that he had already sold it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd expect a bit better from folks here on the forum. This was the kind of sh** that you expect on Craigslist.

Is the Corvette Forum "For Sale" section really on that same level as Craigslist....?

Different buyers and sellers, have different expectations of responsiveness.

With the last VB&P spring that was for sale here, the seller simply wanted it sold quickly and said the first one to send money via PayPal was the owner of the spring- both I and the other interested buyer responded within 3 hours and payment was submitted within 8 hours of the ad being listed; I was entering my payment info into the PayPal app as I got a text message saying the other guy had already paid. (I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, simply that the story illustrates reality and that different sellers have different expectations and desired timelines; as far as I'm concerned he was the seller and if he says first one to provide cash-in-hand/paypal account then that's the rules for the sale.)

As far as actual dates, I was trying to recall them from memory; checked my PMs and it was actually 12-1 when I received a PM stating that the seller had not received a response to his request from you.

Everyone has different definitions of what is an appropriate window for "responsiveness" where I work if you don't respond to an email within 2 hours you can start to expect an escalation and an email to your manager; I have friends who only check email and facebook messages about once a week and that's just their expectation of responsiveness.

When I'm selling something I've just been jacked around too many times by supposed "buyers" so end-of-the-day is about how long I'm willing to wait for interest to continue moving forward and turn into an actual sale, too.

Everyone's got an opinion, I'm sure.

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 12-09-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:48 AM
atp1234
Instructor

Default Pm me

ATP,

Is the spring still available?
I've PM'd you a few times since last Friday and haven't heard back from you.

If you've sold it to someone else, please have the courtesy to let me know.

Thank you
let's get something straight you never pm me and I got no response back from you then after you. Then when you finally responded you tried to beat me up for $5 on the price. Are you kidding. me. Now you're crying. Who'd you vote for Hillary.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:04 AM
atp1234
Instructor

You sent on reply on 12/1
Old 12-11-2016, 12:03 PM
CA_WxMan
Racer

Originally Posted by atp1234
let's get something straight you never pm me and I got no response back from you then after you. Then when you finally responded you tried to beat me up for $5 on the price. Are you kidding. me. Now you're crying. Who'd you vote for Hillary.
That's classic small-minded deflection - Ignoring my issue of you not having the decency to let me know that sold the spring, and instead, tying to change the issue to the price or resorting to personal attacks.

I don't know what happened with the first message that I sent on 12/1. I haven't done much messaging through CF, so perhaps I made a mistake on the first one. However, I passed you all of my contact info on subsequent messages, so you could have (should have) let me know that you were selling the items to someone else.

As for for $5, you were asking $300 plus $55 shipping through one shipper and possibly cheaper though another shipper, so I offered a round number of $350, because I don't have a preference as to whether it's FedEx, UPS, or someone else.

Also, FWIW - I would NEVER vote for her, not even with your ballot.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:22 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Close for review

--------

Not seeing any reason for sanctions yet, but guys, please take your disagreement to PM.

Thread closed.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 12-11-2016 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Review

Get notified of new replies

To VBP rear shorten composite 360 spring

Quick Reply: VBP rear shorten composite 360 spring