Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't say "It will NEVER happen to me."

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:15 PM
0Flying Roofs
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Don't say "It will NEVER happen to me."

For those that own coupes with Targa tops and/or T-tops, If you take your roof off even once (even just to clean or lube it), don't say "It will NEVER happen to me."

As seen in the video below, flying roofs (which automatically enters you as a member of the flying roof club) are dangerous, embarrassing and expensive. Even if you have coverage on your car... does it cover debris leaving your vehicle and striking the vehicle behind you? Would you forgive yourself if your top did strike the vehicle behind you? And what if it caused injuries, or worse? No, this video does not go to that extent. The driver shooting the video was "attentive" and avoid the debris, but what if he/she wasn't? What if the driver behind him/her wasn't? This took place on an interstate where many drivers set cruise control and relax a bit. This could easily have caused a pile-up.

Distractions are the #1 cause for flying roofs. I guarantee that every person who lost a roof, NEVER thought it would happen to them. We are human. We forget things. We get distracted. Don't let it happen to you! visit www.flyingroofs.com for more information. Protect yourself and your investment!

Quick Reply: Don't say "It will NEVER happen to me."