F/S 69 rolling chassis - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted
C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 69 rolling chassis

Closed Thread
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default F/S 69 rolling chassis


Comple frame and running gear front and rear
No title
$1500
$2500 with 4 speed set up








Last edited by 530planeman; 02-14-2017 at 10:15 PM.
530planeman is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #2
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Wes,
Do you already have a buyer for the engine?
Any thoughts of selling it just like it sits?
Is that a 3:36 rear?
Are you coming down to Lakeland for the Carlisle show?
I'm running home from Athens, GA empty.
Thinking.
David

Last edited by AllVettes4Me; 02-16-2017 at 08:40 AM.
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Wes,
Do you already have a buyer for the engine?
Any thoughts of selling it just like it sits?
Is that a 3:36 rear?
Are you coming down to Lakeland for the Carlisle show?
I'm running home from Athens, GA empty.
Thinking.
David
David no buyer for any of it at this point will make great deal for everything
I need to sell something to go to Lakeland
Wes
Sold

Last edited by 530planeman; 02-16-2017 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Post SOLD
530planeman is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #4
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Thank you Wes.
Looking forward to picking it up soon.
Best regards,
David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #5
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Thank you Wes.
Looking forward to picking it up soon.
Best regards,
David
David
When are you heading to Lakeland
530planeman is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #6
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

I will leave here on Tuesday the 21st heading for Charlotte, NC.
I will leave Charlotte Wednesday the 22nd heading for Athens, GA.
I will drop my trailer in Athens after we empty it in Athens. (Thank you Dennis).
I will drive down to Maitland, FL on Thursday the 23rd.
I will attend the Carlisle Winter fest event on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th.
I will attend the Daytona 500 on Sunday the 26th.
If there is a rain out on the 26th I will attend the race on Monday the 27th.
I will drive back to Athens on Tuesday the 28th to pick up my empty trailer.

What are you thinking?

David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
I will leave here on Tuesday the 21st heading for Charlotte, NC.
I will leave Charlotte Wednesday the 22nd heading for Athens, GA.
I will drop my trailer in Athens after we empty it in Athens. (Thank you Dennis).
I will drive down to Maitland, FL on Thursday the 23rd.
I will attend the Carlisle Winter fest event on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th.
I will attend the Daytona 500 on Sunday the 26th.
If there is a rain out on the 26th I will attend the race on Monday the 27th.
I will drive back to Athens on Tuesday the 28th to pick up my empty trailer.

What are you thinking?

David
I may fly down as yesterday I sold all my corvettes and I was going to drive my 70 but for now I am on foot so I will figure it out
530planeman is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #8
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530planeman View Post
I may fly down as yesterday I sold all my corvettes and I was going to drive my 70 but for now I am on foot so I will figure it out
Congratulations on your sales. Maybe you should pull a trailer down and go shopping while you are there. That could be fun.
David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #9
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Congratulations on your sales. Maybe you should pull a trailer down and go shopping while you are there. That could be fun.
David
Don't have a trailer and putting my excursion in shop for badly needed repairs just turned 500k miles
530planeman is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #10
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530planeman View Post
Don't have a trailer and putting my excursion in shop for badly needed repairs just turned 500k miles
Wow, you sure know how to get a bunch of miles from a car.
David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Wes, your pm box is full.
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #12
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #13
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Update on the 69 rolling chassis.

Engine casting is 3914678, either a 327 or a 350, don't know yet, but it is a 1968. I will get casting date.

Heads casting numbers are 462624, need to get the dates but appear to be 1975-76 heads.

Intake, another mystery, it is part number 458520, steel, 1978 intake.

Carb was a 1982, part number 17082204, for an automatic car.

Differential is a part number 3899143, year and ratios not known yet. Have to locate that date code casting.

Frame itself is pitted in the VIN location so I cannot read the VIN number on the frame. I will not give up trying to get that data but may not be able to confirm. It is clearly the same style as the 1969, 1971, and 1972 frames I have restored in the past so I am sure it is the right ballpark but I cannot confirm 1969 at this time.

So the 69 rolling chassis I bought may, or may not be a 1969. It certainly contains an interesting mixture of parts.

One bright point, the transmission is a very nice 1971 Muncie and the VIN is clearly identified and I have listed it as an orphaned part number so the car owner search is on.

If only the parts could talk I am sure they would tell a fascinating story.

For now, they are saying "Frankenstein" mixture of pieces and parts.

I'll start a new thread a little later in the general section and detail this information as I do my research but suffice it to say for now I will take the engine apart; separate the 72 Muncie from the 68 engine, and get more information on that differential.

1969 Rolling Chassis - Not exactly.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #14
69ttop502
CF Senior Member
 
69ttop502's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Watkinsville, GA and Roslyn, NY GA and NY
Posts: 3,119
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Interesting finds David. Seems it has been around the block a few times. I am just as sure it will be a stunner when you are finished with it.

Bill
69ttop502 is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #15
bmans vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16
 
bmans vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2006
Location: Athens GA
Posts: 16,535
Thanked 80 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69ttop502 View Post
Interesting finds David. Seems it has been around the block a few times. I am just as sure it will be a stunner when you are finished with it.

Bill


David brings them back from the dead very nicely.
And is an honest man when it comes to info and a generous one when it comes to prices.

bmans vette is offline  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #16
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Update on the 69 rolling chassis.

Engine casting is 3914678, either a 327 or a 350, don't know yet, but it is a 1968. I will get casting date.

Heads casting numbers are 462624, need to get the dates but appear to be 1975-76 heads.

Intake, another mystery, it is part number 458520, steel, 1978 intake.

Carb was a 1982, part number 17082204, for an automatic car.

Differential is a part number 3899143, year and ratios not known yet. Have to locate that date code casting.

Frame itself is pitted in the VIN location so I cannot read the VIN number on the frame. I will not give up trying to get that data but may not be able to confirm. It is clearly the same style as the 1969, 1971, and 1972 frames I have restored in the past so I am sure it is the right ballpark but I cannot confirm 1969 at this time.

So the 69 rolling chassis I bought may, or may not be a 1969. It certainly contains an interesting mixture of parts.

One bright point, the transmission is a very nice 1971 Muncie and the VIN is clearly identified and I have listed it as an orphaned part number so the car owner search is on.

If only the parts could talk I am sure they would tell a fascinating story.

For now, they are saying "Frankenstein" mixture of pieces and parts.

I'll start a new thread a little later in the general section and detail this information as I do my research but suffice it to say for now I will take the engine apart; separate the 72 Muncie from the 68 engine, and get more information on that differential.

1969 Rolling Chassis - Not exactly.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
David
When I get home I will give you body vin to see if it helps in anyway
I have covered 6700 miles since I dropped chassis
Wes
530planeman is offline  
Old 03-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #17
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530planeman View Post
David
When I get home I will give you body vin to see if it helps in anyway
I have covered 6700 miles since I dropped chassis
Wes
Thank you Wes.
David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #18
AllVettes4Me
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '10
 
AllVettes4Me's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Easton PA
Posts: 7,393
Thanked 258 Times in 207 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530planeman View Post
David
When I get home I will give you body vin to see if it helps in anyway
I have covered 6700 miles since I dropped chassis
Wes
Never got your VIN data Wes. Did you locate it?
David
AllVettes4Me is offline  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #19
530planeman
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Sadieville Kentucky
Posts: 1,938
Thanked 133 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me View Post
Never got your VIN data Wes. Did you locate it?
David
Vin 194379S705703
530planeman is offline  
Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #20
bmans vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16
 
bmans vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2006
Location: Athens GA
Posts: 16,535
Thanked 80 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Numbers show a 1969 FRAME, but not a 1969 chassis by the conventional meaning of the word.
That's a shame......
bmans vette is offline  
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • F/S 69 rolling chassis
  •  
     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    FS: 2008 c6 Z51 Supercharged 50k miles brandon1566 C6 Corvettes for Sale 7 03-13-2017 12:39 AM
    Pictures from Fly-in, Cruise-in Naples, Florida Mike98SilVert C5 General 25 02-05-2017 08:35 PM
    F/S: 1996 Factory Service Manuals GS057 C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted 2 02-05-2015 06:14 PM
    Pulled the Tranny And Clutch out of the 61 burtonbl103 C1 & C2 Corvettes 21 02-01-2015 09:31 AM
    Car Show Pics Little Red L98 Off Topic 50 11-06-2014 09:08 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.