Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Metric AC Compressor Mounting Bolt

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 07:04 AM
gdm78vette
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Metric AC Compressor Mounting Bolt

I got a new ac compressor for my '78 and the thread for the upper bracket mounting bolt on the old one was imperial while the new is metric. Anyone have a metric bolt to sell? It's the bolt that goes though the upper mounting bracket into the compressor that allows the belt to be properly tensioned.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:40 PM
gdm78vette
Melting Slicks

So I found a place called Bolts + not too far from me and they had the bolt I needed which means I no longer need the bolt. Great.

Except the metric bolt is slightly bigger than the imperial one and the hole in the spacer and the slot in the mounting bracket aren't big enough for the new bolt to go through.

So I need to either find the metric version of the spacer and mounting bracket or do some drilling and filing.

I figure I'll be drilling and filing unless someone has these parts to sell.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Try you local ACE Hardware store, that's where I get most of my hardware. They have a selection of metric fasteners and spacers. I can't say they have exactly what you need, but a good place to try. Ask an attendant in the store and they will know where to look for what you need.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:23 PM
gdm78vette
Melting Slicks

I got the new compressor mounted! I drilled out the spacer so the M12 bolt would fit and filed the slot in the mounting bracket so the bolt would go through. All is good.

Get notified of new replies

To Metric AC Compressor Mounting Bolt

Quick Reply: WTB: Metric AC Compressor Mounting Bolt