C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starter wiring on 75

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
klwray
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter wiring on 75

Need help on the wiring for a starter on a 75. Could someone describe which wire goes on which post? Obvious the one with the big end goes on the big terminal, but concerned I have wires wrong on the small posts. Starter on car has one big terminal and two small ones. I looked at a wiring diagram, but I must be wiring impaired. Car starts and runs fine, but battery drains overnight. Didn't do this before I pulled the starter and because of apparent rewire job by previous owner I am confused which wire goes where. Installed same starter which was fine before I removed it so I'm ruling out a short in the starter.Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:53 PM
markdtn
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Purple wire goes to the "s" terminal. 75 is HEI distributor, so I don't know why you have more than 1 small-terminal wire. Would have thought the other small terminal on the starter would be empty. If you have some aftermarket ignition system, it might use the other small terminal for a starting signal. Sorry I don't have better info for you.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:25 PM
vetsvette2002
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 162 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

There is a red fusible link attached to the B terminal, plus the purple wire attached to the S terminal.
The fusible link is attached to a red wire which will go through the bulkhead connector ending up at the ammeter. The red wire from the fusible link is also a power take off point for a couple of optional circiuts.
Don

Get notified of new replies

To starter wiring on 75

Quick Reply: starter wiring on 75