C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78 pulse wiper motor not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
RME
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 78 pulse wiper motor not working

I need some help deciphering why the pulse wiper motor on my 78 Corvette is not working. I have the slow speed and nothing else. I can click down and get the mist action, set it to pulse, low and high speed settings and I get one speed rate no matter what the setting.

I bought a new switch and installed it and have the same end result, one speed. Obviously it wasn't the switch.

Do I need a new wiper motor? All the connection wires and original harnesses are there and everything is hooked up, so don't think it's a wiring issue. Is there a relay or something I don't know about that I need to check, or by the descriptor do you think the motor is toast.
Would appreciate input before I buy a motor and find out I still only have one speed.........

Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
danno12345
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the pulse circuitry (in my 81 anyway) is in the passenger side storage compartment (behind the seat). My delay's not working either, and high speed doesn't seem too much faster than low. It seems like there's a lot of friction in the linkages somewhere to me.

Anyway, if I disconnect the module behind the pass. seat, nothing works. I discussed this briefly in my "wiper motor not working" thread recently..

I don't know of where to get a new module though.. haven't looked.

Good luck!
Dan
Old 06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
SLVRSHRK
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

The wiper delay circuit on a 78 is located under the radio in the center console. It's a pretty sealed unit and I couldn't begin to tell you how to test it.

If it is bad, I don't think you can get it from any of the major vendors (atleast I have never seen it), you probably would need to find at a swap meet or from a Corvette junkyard.

Get notified of new replies

To 78 pulse wiper motor not working

Quick Reply: 78 pulse wiper motor not working