C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Choke?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 PM
kcmk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Choke?

This may sound like an elementary question to some, but consider that I have never owned a car with an electric choke on the carb. How does the electric choke work? If I were to remove the Quadrajet and stock manifold (with the stock "divorce" choke), and replace with a new RPM manifold and Holley (with vac. sec. and electric choke), how would I hook it up? What triggers the choke, and if there is a wire running from the choke...where does it go to?

Thx,
Kevin
Old 06-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Matt O
Racer

I installed a Holly manifold and Road Demon carb and as I remember ran a wire thats hot with the ignition key to the electric choke. It works fine, I assume the choke has an internal coil that heats up and drops off the choke.

Matt
Old 06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kcmk
This may sound like an elementary question to some, but consider that I have never owned a car with an electric choke on the carb. How does the electric choke work? If I were to remove the Quadrajet and stock manifold (with the stock "divorce" choke), and replace with a new RPM manifold and Holley (with vac. sec. and electric choke), how would I hook it up? What triggers the choke, and if there is a wire running from the choke...where does it go to?

Thx,
Kevin
Use the yellow wire from the four-wire harness that plugs into the wiper motor. That is hot when the ign is on.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:41 PM
scotty13
Instructor

Get notified of new replies

To Electric Choke?

Quick Reply: Electric Choke?