C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing the window regulators..

Old 07-03-2005, 12:09 PM
dyanisis2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Removing the window regulators..

So im getting ready to remove the window regulatorsand i was looking through the shop manual. One of the first things it tells me to do is "remove the inner panel cam" Anyone have a diagram or something showing this- i do not know what it is refering to.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:07 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

there is a metal panel ,on the door that has to come off for you to acess the regulator.you will see it when you take off the door handle and interier door .
Old 07-04-2005, 12:39 AM
evalu8r
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about that, but here's how I did mine.
1. Put the window up until the two large hole line up on the regulator gear and put a big screw in there and lower glass down.
2. There is two 7/16 nuts that hold the glass on to the tracks, take these off. Using to hand spring clamps remove glass off the track raise all the way up and clamp into place.
3. Drill out bottom regulator rivet and remove motor assembly. 3- 7/16 screws between motor and outer door skin.
4. There is 2 vert. tracks and 1 horiz. that rides on the 2 vert. Slide the horiz. towards latch end of door.
5. Drill out the top 2 regulator rivets. Then slide the assembly back towards latch end of door. There is one more short horiz. track inside the interior skin that a roller on the regulator needs to come off of.
6. From this point it takes a lot of patience.
Assembly is in reverse order with again a lot of patience. The rivets you can get at NAPA or other comparable suppliers. I got the large rivet gun at Harbor Freight for less than 20 bucks. Hope this helps, anyone else has any tips feel free to chime in.

Chris
Cincinnati
Old 07-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Mr Fanuc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the passenger side out of mine to free it up, what a pain! I was so mad I can't even remember what all I had to do to get it out and in but do remember putting it back wrong the first time and having to redo it.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing the window regulators..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing the window regulators..