C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove door panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
mareze
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove door panel

I have a "69" and I need to remove the door panel, is there a special tool needed? Is there a book I can get to help me with this project?
Thanks
Marie
Old 07-29-2005, 02:26 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

You can get one of those clip removing tools for the door lock and window crank at the local auto parts store. That makes it a bit easier. The locking clips can be removed with a standard screw driver too but it takes some finagling. Once you get the windown crank and lock **** off, it's just a matter of removing all of the screws (including the door pull) and it should come off pretty easily.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:39 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 546 Likes on 374 Posts

The standard tool that is sold by Corvette parts houses is actually a little bit too wide to use on the Corvette door panel. I used my grinder to narrow the tool. If you're going to remove the window crank (if you don't have electric windows) or the door lock ****, etc. you might consider just ordering a new door lock **** just to see how it is attached. (The little door lock **** is not really that expensive.) Once you know how it is attached, getting it loose is much easier!!!! The window crank attaches exactly like the door lock ****.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
sjr1971
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mareze
I have a "69" and I need to remove the door panel, is there a special tool needed? Is there a book I can get to help me with this project?
Thanks
Marie
Whether you have PowerWindows or not the clips are the same. You can extract them with a screw driver or an awl [ice pick]. Putting them back in is easier still. Place the clip back into the slot where you found it. Position the handle back over the post it sat on and push . The clip will seat itself.

Last edited by sjr1971; 07-29-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove door panel

Quick Reply: How to remove door panel