C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil temp gauge wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Today's problem is..
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Oil temp gauge wiring

Hi everyone, I luckily have gotten all my gauge issues in my car worked out except for one. The new (to me) gauge cluster I bought has an oil temp gauge because its from an 82. I would like to hook this up as I think its a really nice gauge to have since I look at the one in my C5 all the time. There are three connections on the back of the oil temp gauge, anyone happen to know which one is power/ground/signal?

Thanks,
--Chris
Old 07-30-2005, 03:27 PM
vetsvette2002
Melting Slicks

Received 288 Likes on 163 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Today's problem is..
Hi everyone, I luckily have gotten all my gauge issues in my car worked out except for one. The new (to me) gauge cluster I bought has an oil temp gauge because its from an 82. I would like to hook this up as I think its a really nice gauge to have since I look at the one in my C5 all the time. There are three connections on the back of the oil temp gauge, anyone happen to know which one is power/ground/signal?

Thanks,
--Chris
Dark Green w/ White stripe = signal
Black = ground
Black w/Pink stripe = power

Don
Old 07-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Today's problem is..
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Ok thanks, I got that part figured out, and what I thought would be easy, isnt....I was looking around for the oil temp sending unit, yet no one has them local. The local parts store lists the water temp sending unit as the correct sending unit for the oil temp as well. Is this true?

Thanks for any info,
--Chris
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I just purchased one a few months ago from either Advance or Autozone. I can't remember which but you can still order one. If I remember correctly, they had an error in their computer system but you can return it if it's the incorrect item. I also purchased an AC Delco sending unit a few years ago. Visually they look the same and I believe they are actually made by the same company. I think the price is around $24.00.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:41 AM
jac1502
Racer

Where is that sendimg unit I am trying to get mine to work as well?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Today's problem is..
Ok thanks, I got that part figured out, and what I thought would be easy, isnt....I was looking around for the oil temp sending unit, yet no one has them local. The local parts store lists the water temp sending unit as the correct sending unit for the oil temp as well. Is this true?

Thanks for any info,
--Chris
Got mine at Ecklers.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil temp gauge wiring

Quick Reply: Oil temp gauge wiring