C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muncie 4 speed input shaft

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:14 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Default Muncie 4 speed input shaft

How much end play should the input shaft have and should there be any up and down movement? I need to know this because I bought a used transmission that was rebuilt but the shipping company did not follow the "this end up" sticker and it was shipped all the way with the transmission riding on the input shaft. I am submitting a claim with them but need this information so they will pay up. All I want is enough to cover a rebuild kit and I'll rebuild it myself......which leads me to my next question. Who has a copy of the Muncie 4 speed rebuild video that I can borrow?
Thanks
John
Old 11-19-2005, 01:15 AM
stingr69
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by theandies
How much end play should the input shaft have and should there be any up and down movement? I need to know this because I bought a used transmission that was rebuilt but the shipping company did not follow the "this end up" sticker and it was shipped all the way with the transmission riding on the input shaft. I am submitting a claim with them but need this information so they will pay up. All I want is enough to cover a rebuild kit and I'll rebuild it myself......which leads me to my next question. Who has a copy of the Muncie 4 speed rebuild video that I can borrow?
Thanks
John
It can wobble around quite a bit even when new. You might need a front bearing if anything at all.

-Mark.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:49 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

TTT

Get notified of new replies

To Muncie 4 speed input shaft

Quick Reply: Muncie 4 speed input shaft