C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any opinions on a V8 Weber carb setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:10 AM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Anyone have any opinions on a V8 Weber carb setup?

Just asking....
Old 01-02-2006, 12:11 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you wanting to know?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:07 AM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Last edited by TonySinclair; 01-02-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:38 AM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

Well as Tony threw up some pics there you can tell for one they look fantastic. They are very expensive. It does take some work to get them tuned correctly. Parts are not cheap. As for performance you would have to run them to really understand lol. But it is as close to fuel injection as you can get with a carb. Instant throttle response.

But for the money you can go with a super charger and still have the wow factor unless you really want carbs and to keep it under the hood then this is a very nice setup.

If you want a good street Weber stay with the IDF line not the IDA. Now they have changed the IDA to have a mid range circut but it is still mainly a race carb where as the IDF line is a street carb. This is for the upright carbs not the side draft DCOE line.

But again do be aware you will not gain much over a good single carb set up except for better throttle response. This is all a very simple explanation.

Last edited by SHAKERATTLEROLL; 01-02-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:58 AM
panic
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL
Well as Tony threw up some pics there you can tell for one they look fantastic. They are very expensive. It does take some work to get them tuned correctly. Parts are not cheap. As for performance you would have to run them to really understand lol. But it is as close to fuel injection as you can get with a carb. Instant throttle response.

But for the money you can go with a super charger and still have the wow factor unless you really want carbs and to keep it under the hood then this is a very nice setup.

If you want a good street Weber stay with the IDF line not the IDA. Now they have changed the IDA to have a mid range circut but it is still mainly a race carb where as the IDF line is a street carb. This is for the upright carbs not the side draft DCOE line.

But again do be aware you will not gain much over a good single carb set up except for better throttle response. This is all a very simple explanation.
these are a piece of art more then a performance mod!! i'd say having these on a vette would be like traveling with a miss universe ready to please you in the passenger seat all the time ..just as a matter of curiosity..who sells these beauties
Old 01-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The price of the jetting parts for these carbs would cause me to go straight to a EFI set-up. There are throttle bodies that mount to Webber manifolds with EFI injectors in them, I would go for a set-up like that unless you know someone with a assortment of jetting parts for them.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree w/ solid, the throttle bodies aren't cheap but neither are weber jetting parts. There was a weber moon manifold for IDAs on ebay for 300$, add 4 IDA flange TBs and you're in business. These tB's are available from several companies including twm induction, VGS (their IDA TBs have very nice carbon fiber stacks) and lumenition.

Here's a VGS TB equipped setup:

Panic, moon sells the manifold, inglese sells the setups but there are others also like pierce manifolds, redline weber/hotrodweber...do a serach on google.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 AM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a full weber setup and can tell you from experience there is a world of difference between a single four barrel carb and a weber setup .I run four dcoe webers on a crossram with AFR heads. There is instant response and power on tap at any point in the RPM range . The pulling power in fourth gear from at 15 mph just will make you smile ,,,,,,,,,,, they never require adjustment and are quite easy to setup if you have any carb knowledge at all . Jetting is not a problem if you speak to anyone that actually owns and drives a car with a weber setup .

Geo

Last edited by ram82fire; 01-02-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:00 AM
JoeRags
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out

www.inglese.com

nice stuff.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 AM
shafrs3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
I agree w/ solid, the throttle bodies aren't cheap but neither are weber jetting parts. There was a weber moon manifold for IDAs on ebay for 300$, add 4 IDA flange TBs and you're in business. These tB's are available from several companies including twm induction, VGS (their IDA TBs have very nice carbon fiber stacks) and lumenition.

Panic, moon sells the manifold, inglese sells the setups but there are others also like pierce manifolds, redline weber/hotrodweber...do a serach on google.
God that’s a beautiful picture! What do these folks do for air filtration?

Last edited by shafrs3; 01-02-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

K&N stack filters, they are available as 1 big box, 2 boxes (1 bank each) 4 smaller paired ones or 8 round ones.

Look here:
http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/Injection.htm
http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/stacks.htm
Old 01-02-2006, 12:06 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Four dcoe webers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

G
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

G are those the latest revision of the aircleaners??? What's the stuff on the rounded corners? looks like some kind of insulation?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, I was considering a super charger but I have way to much CR for that. Can you fit a standrd size HEI distributor in behend the stacks? I know you can get a vacuum line system for them. I also have a 2004R Trany with a TV cable, are there linkage systems for this?

I have not seen much info on the Inglese or Redline Weber sites regarding linkage.

Thanks again, the pictures are absolutly mouth watering
Old 01-02-2006, 01:23 PM
SHAKERATTLEROLL
Melting Slicks

I feel if you are serious I would contact Inglese and speak with them about what they offer They have been in business for awhile and can provide you with a set up system which would make the install much easier.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
shafrs3
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo
You mention VGS in this post, who or what is that?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:44 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

You can save a ton of cash by purchasing a manifold and then buying the carbs prejetted . BTW a ton of cash is a rather conservative estimate ,,,,,,,,,,

Marck the filter setup are machined from billet and are easily removed and serviced [ two wing nuts ] The wrapping you see is indeed insulation from the header heat . Keeps the temps down from the header heat ,,, you know the so called cool running coated type ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW wish the family a happy holiday from us over here in pa dutch country

g
Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Right back at ya G

shafrsc3, here's the link to VGS, a German co...ze webzite ies alzo in szjerman

http://www.vgs-tuning.com/

produkte->drosselkappenteile (ze szjerman wurd fur zrottle bozy)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have any opinions on a V8 Weber carb setup?

Quick Reply: Anyone have any opinions on a V8 Weber carb setup?