C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holly 830 cfm HP DP w/ annular boosters question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
KJL
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Holly 830 cfm HP DP w/ annular boosters question

I purchased this carb but it is a marine carb. I believe the jets and PV along with the replacable air bleeds are close a "auto" spec. I went through the carb and set up the butterfly valves on both pri and secondary so only about .040 of transfer slot was exposed. Openned the four idle screws 1 turn. I turned the car over and it sputtered breifly and apparently flooded. No luck after that. Does anyone have the non-marine specs for this carb? Jets/air bleeds/powervalves/ pump squirter size?

Any help with set up would be great as well. I never have run a double pumper before with out a choke so I may be going about starting the thing all wtong as well.

Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 AM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by KJL
I purchased this carb but it is a marine carb. I believe the jets and PV along with the replacable air bleeds are close a "auto" spec. I went through the carb and set up the butterfly valves on both pri and secondary so only about .040 of transfer slot was exposed. Openned the four idle screws 1 turn. I turned the car over and it sputtered breifly and apparently flooded. No luck after that. Does anyone have the non-marine specs for this carb? Jets/air bleeds/powervalves/ pump squirter size?

Any help with set up would be great as well. I never have run a double pumper before with out a choke so I may be going about starting the thing all wtong as well.

Thanks!!
what is the "LIST" number on the carb
Old 03-24-2006, 11:58 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Clem ask you a great question. With the numbers you can find all the stock settings and parts.

.020 primary transfer ports. A good starting point is about 6.5 power Valve. A ball park primary jetting on an 830 cfm would be @77 and 84 rears. I wouldn't worry about the air bleeds because they are probably set up for sea level. One turn might be lean. go for 2 and then adjust it with a vacuum gauge while the motor is hot.

Non - choke carbs like my two vehicles. If the bowls are empty. Just hit the starter for 10-15 seconds and pump them full or turn on your electric fuel pump.

Then pump the gas about 4 times and leave your foot on the floor. Hit the starter. Boom - my 427 fires and rev up. I hold it about 2500 rpm while cold and you might even have to feather it to keep it going.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:55 PM
KJL
Melting Slicks

I know what the set up is for the marine carb, I just would like to compare the set-up with the 830 cfm annular discharge non-marine HP counterpart. Thanks for the help gkull, I will give that a try.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:53 PM
73, Dark Blue 454
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What fuel pump and pressure are you running? Is too much pressure overpowering the needle and seat?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:20 AM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by KJL

Thanks!!
this carb must be a custom made up one as holley does not show a HP marine carb in their listings. the 80511-1 is a 830 HP with annular boosters and that is a NASCAR carb. #84 jets pri and sec,#65 power valves pri and sec
Old 03-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Fevre
Race Director

What are your engine specs? that is a lot of carb.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
KJL
Melting Slicks

I called Holley and yes at one time they did have a marine HP carb. Thanks for the Jet/PV info. I am not home right now and I am not 100% sure what my jet numbers are. Old age disease..... I have included my sig so yall can check out my specs.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Fevre
Race Director

427 should be a good match for that carb

Get notified of new replies

To Holly 830 cfm HP DP w/ annular boosters question

Quick Reply: Holly 830 cfm HP DP w/ annular boosters question