C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand stealth any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
tsiawd1028
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weiand stealth any good?

Im in need of a proven effective dual plane intake manifold, but i have limited clearance ( Carbed c4). I was looking at both the performer rpm and the weiand stealth. But i cant fit the performer rpm so im 99%gonna go with the stealth.

I am running basically a mild 350, 1 3/4 headers, and a small roller cam, holley 750 vacuum secondaries.

The stealth seems to be the best intake i can fit, But i personally have no experience with it, and direct compairsons with other manifolds are non existant.

anyone familiar with this manifold and how it compares to the other on the market.

is it good for my app? Any reviews would be great..
Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
79MakoL82
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I posed this same question awhile ago, because the Stealth is a little shorter than the RPM. The responses were inconclusive. I've heard good things about both manifolds, and nobody really had anything negative to say about the Stealth. So, if the Stealth fits under your hood, I'd use it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:54 PM
CGGorman
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy with mine, but I didn't swap it out from anything to be able to make a comparison. Regardless, no complaints.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Bismarck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have been told, you don't get horsepower from intake manifolds compared to other things. I guess you can't go wrong but you aren't going to see nitrous-like positives, either.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,874 Likes on 912 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

I know some of the folks at Holley..they own Weiand. I know that the Edelbrocks were the specific targets of the new version of the Action Plus intakes. There was a LOT of work that went into cylinder to cylinder A/F ratio variations and to make sure they could outpower the Edelbrocks. And that is hard to do!

The Stealths were good too....they were a slightly larger volume dual plane and did well to help hold onto the power.

I think the RPM AirGap is one of the best dual planes out there period, but if it wouldn't fit under the hood...I'd sure look a the Action Plus intakes. Even if it did fit, I'd still look at the Action Plus as an alternative

JIM

Get notified of new replies

To Weiand stealth any good?

Quick Reply: Weiand stealth any good?