C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accel DFI tuning assistance

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default accel DFI tuning assistance

Anybody here know anything about accel dfi gen 7? I have a couple of minor idle issues and a software question I could use answered.

-Justin
Old 06-15-2006, 12:38 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalannex
Anybody here know anything about accel dfi gen 7? I have a couple of minor idle issues and a software question I could use answered.

-Justin
You need a dyno shop to do it right. That is, unless the ONLY thing you are trying to fix is idle.

The C3 forum here is by the vast majority, Carbureted. If somebody doesn't offer you any help here maybe I'd recommend a Google search for an Accel forum?

Seems to me that a product as good as that should have some dedicated forums SOMEWHERE on the 'net! Good luck. Wish I could really answer your questions directly but I can't.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Bullshark
Melting Slicks

Received 104 Likes on 49 Posts
CI 5 & 8 Veteran

Originally Posted by SanDiegoPaul
You need a dyno shop to do it right. That is, unless the ONLY thing you are trying to fix is idle.

The C3 forum here is by the vast majority, Carbureted.
Paul, I think I would have phrased it a little different. "You need a dyno shop to do it best but, I think one can get a pretty good tune starting with a good base map and dialing in the fuel map with a wide band O2 sensor operating in closed loop. A good data logger program (which I believe Accel provides) and a friend sitting shotgun is highly desirable. Optimizing from the base timing profile is no different than with our old vacuum/weight advance distributors only a whole lot easier.

Justin, I am not "yet" familiar with the uniqe specifics of the Gen VII but I did sleep at a Holliday Inn last night..........ahh...er I mean I do have a Holley Commander on my 69. Project RamJet has a GM MEFI ECU which I think is a POS and plan to upgrade to the Gen VII or the FAST XFI as soon as I can get time.....and money

Bullshark

Justin, I looked for you at all the saloons last year at the Black Hills Corvette weekend but could never hook up. Guess you were already under the table.

Last edited by Bullshark; 06-15-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a fuel injection forum at www.chevytalk.org

Good luck!!!

Brett
Old 06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It was installed and tuned by Dynotune Speed and Performance (The guys who have the dyno at the Black Hills Corvette Classic), but I need to learn about it because I don't do well with owning things I don't understand. Did you ever take something brand new apart just to see how it's made???? I'll check out Chevytalk, thanks.

Bullshark,
I will be at Spearfish this year again with the 81'. Maybe I'll catch up with you this year.

-Justin

Get notified of new replies

To accel DFI tuning assistance

Quick Reply: accel DFI tuning assistance