C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silla Radiators

Old 06-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
Serious people buy parts, dreamers post threads
Some people are smart enough to ask before they buy, gaining the experience of those who have gone before. That way they get the right thing the first time rather than sending 5 parts back. Great way to treat potential customers, btw.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My god, this is the second thead about one radiator. You've spent days researching all these different companies and have enough information to write a book on the subject. You're never going to spring for an aluminum radiator regardless of the price.
I'm sorry about the attitude, but it just amazes me how some Corvette owners can drop 5k into building engines and then become squeaky tight about cooling it down. There was a day when Corvette people wanted the best for there car, not the cheapest thing they could find.

Serious people buy parts, dreamers post threads
Thanks for the info, I'll make note that when I actually NEED an aluminum radiator to go to the local radiator shop instead of ordering one from you. They already told me they can make me a custom aluminum radiator that's garaunteed to fit and warantee it for much less than your stuff anyways.

I'm shopping around and getting experiences with different brands. Why should I spring 2x the money when the actual product cost 1/2 as much to make? I've also talked to three auto shop owners (one being Larry at the Corvette Shop ) and they all say that an aluminum radiator should not cost 2 - 4x as much as a standard heavy duty copper/brass radiator when aluminum is a much cheaper metal.

I think I'll go ahead and order that Silla radiator since I've not really heard anything bad about their product. It also comes with a lifetime warranty and is made here in the States. (They're based out of Los Angeles)

Thanks for helping me make a decision.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

I knew it was wrong and I knew I'd get flamed but anyone that dealt with me knows I treat customers very well. I never get to vent but you guys get to do it all the time. You are right, people should do their research first and take fellow forums members advice. The problem was, he wasnt' doing that and he was never a potential customer.
Wrong and wrong. I made this thread in search of research. I've called companies and questions about their radiators. I've been shopping around looking at prices for what they had. I was taking advice and looking in to aluminum radiators, but they're a rip off when they're $500 and the car is mainly driven on the street. Sure you can get a universal one for under $300, but will it fit? Who knows? I would have been a potential customer in the future when I decide to turn it in to mainly track vehicle but you already shot yourself in the foot with that. Enjoy your stock of $100 radiators that you sell for 5x profit.

Oh by the way, what's your warranty? The Silla carries a lifetime warranty. I don't see any warranty information on your page.

Last edited by Kalway; 06-22-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I knew it was wrong and I knew I'd get flamed but anyone that dealt with me knows I treat customers very well. I never get to vent but you guys get to do it all the time.
1) yes, I've heard plenty of good stories about dealing with you, and that is to your credit.

2) If I was running a business, I'd make sure I did my venting where my main customer base doesn't see it. I'm not quite done with my MBA, but I do know that much.

3) It's not just about the person who started this thread. If you had said something like that in a PM or email (which I still wouldn't do), it would be one thing. Instead, everyone who visits this forum, both registered members and guests, can see what you said...and it might just scare them away. Good luck, and I hope it doesn't become a problem.

4) I wasn't flaming you. Had I wanted to flame someone, they would most certainly know it.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Al77Vette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Mr. Dewitt: I support you and what you are trying to say. However I don’t think that a support vendor could say it. If someone were to ask, I would tell then that a “Dewitt Radiator cools my Vette and if you ask would I do it again I would without a doubt for two reasons.

1. You stand behind you product and always will based on my research on this forum.
2. And second you are part of and support this community and the other vendors do not.

Sometimes relationships are more important than price shopping.

My 000,000,000.02
Old 06-23-2006, 07:55 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Al77Vette
Mr. Dewitt: I support you and what you are trying to say. However I don’t think that a support vendor could say it. If someone were to ask, I would tell then that a “Dewitt Radiator cools my Vette and if you ask would I do it again I would without a doubt for two reasons.

1. You stand behind you product and always will based on my research on this forum.
2. And second you are part of and support this community and the other vendors do not.

Sometimes relationships are more important than price shopping.

My 000,000,000.02
Nicely said Hey Kalway don't forget about that $11,000 454 small block in your future it will need extra cooling !!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

It pays to shop around, got to agree with Kalway on that. I don't mind spending good $$ for good parts, but I am not gonna pay twice either. Dewits is a very good product and no doubt a good company to do business with, but, imho a little too $$.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Clearly a bad decision on my part. (Bad day) I'm all better now. I hope the Silla rad works out and please post the results when you get it.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Clearly a bad decision on my part. (Bad day) I'm all better now. I hope the Silla rad works out and please post the results when you get it.
We all have those!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Tom,
I must admit that I was surprised by the tone of your post. But we all have moments we would like to issue a recall on. I had one this week as well. But all things shall pass.

The quality of your product, however, speaks for itself. You are a credit to the Corvette community.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Kalway
Safety Car

I'm going to order it on Monday and either get it installed before work or next weekend. My birthday is this weekend so it's party and hangover time. I still have to check out this local radiator shop, though. They may be able to make a custom one for me for a good deal, if they're able to come within the $200 - $250 range and warranty it I'll go ahead and go with them.

Which ever I get, I'll drive it either out east or up palomar mountain and see how it does.

Originally Posted by dwncchs
Hey Kalway don't forget about that $11,000 454 small block in your future it will need extra cooling !!!
When I get that beast THEN I'll definitely spring for a top quality radiator. I hear those motown blocks are more efficient at cooling than standard blocks, too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Silla Radiators