C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley secondary linkage

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:54 AM
twin45s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holley secondary linkage

has anyone used the holley adjustable secondary linkage that you can go from progressive to a 1 to 1 secondary opening?? i have this problem with my 750 mech carb that when i mash the gas it takes about a second before the sec open..it acts/feels like i hit a nos switch..
Old 12-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

That sounds liek more of a tuning issue than a linkage problem. You don't want a 1:1 linkage for a street car. Not even a race car. The 1:1 was designed for blower if I remember correctly. It sounds like a acc. pump problem or you need bigger squirters. Try to tune it in correctly before you go reinventing the carb.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:50 AM
strokervette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem must be in the acc pump or the cam adjustment. You don't want any play in the plunger arm to the pump. As for the linkage, I always either make a custom piece of linkage out of a hanger or bend the original one to bring the secondaries in sooner, works great. I hate waiting for 3/4 throttle for the secs open. I've done that on all my mech sec carbs with good results.

Get notified of new replies

To holley secondary linkage

Quick Reply: holley secondary linkage