C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
A2vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor problem

I just installed a new engine wiring harness. This harness includes connections to the blower motor. Currently the blower motor is controlled by the a/c wiring harness. Can I use the new blower motor wiring?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A2vette
I just installed a new engine wiring harness. This harness includes connections to the blower motor. Currently the blower motor is controlled by the a/c wiring harness. Can I use the new blower motor wiring?

How about a few more details. Does the new wiring harness have a different control for the fan? I would say if they come from the same place then it's okay...but it all depends on the new harness and what would then control the fan.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
A2vette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
How about a few more details. Does the new wiring harness have a different control for the fan? I would say if they come from the same place then it's okay...but it all depends on the new harness and what would then control the fan.
The wiring that comes from the new harness, that I assume go to the blower, is orange and black. The orange has a circular boot. The black has a female connector. The orange connects to a male end that leads to a condenser? before terminating at the blower motor. The black seems to be the ground to a male end on the back of the blower motor. The wiring from the a/c harness is light purple and black. Do these colors sound right?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
carl a
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you put the grd back on the starter bolt? common mistake is putting that wire to the sylonid and blower only works when key is off
Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
A2vette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carl a
did you put the grd back on the starter bolt? common mistake is putting that wire to the sylonid and blower only works when key is off
The ground isn't in question. The question is will the blower motor work from the fan switch if the blower motor is wired from the engine harness verses the a/c harness.

Thanks
Paul
Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A2vette
The ground isn't in question. The question is will the blower motor work from the fan switch if the blower motor is wired from the engine harness verses the a/c harness.

Thanks
Paul

I think you should contact the maker of the harness...or peek through any manual pages that came with it. Without seeing the harness itself, or how it's installed...the colors may not mean anything specific unless it's an exact stock replica.

Get notified of new replies

To Blower motor problem

Quick Reply: Blower motor problem