C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 05:49 PM
k_belknap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable?

I've got an '81. Someone's "hot-rodded" the engine. No emissions. The original carb, intake, air-pump, exhaust manifolds, air cleaner, and cat converter are gone. It has a standard 350 tranny. A corvette mechanic 'guestimated' the 350 engine at about 350 - 375 horsepower. The body is in great shape. Could use paint... but it really doesn't look all that bad.

The engine leaks oil like a freaking sieve. The front-end needs rebuilt. It has a short in the dash. The horn contact needs to be replaced (not that big a deal). It does have a brand new Griffin High-flow aluminum radiator.

Questions:

I have taken pain-staking efforts to locate and purchase all the emissions components. However, I'm not a mechanic. Approximately, what would it cost me to have someone install the emissions components, rebuild the front end, and fix the oil leak?

OR...

How much is the car worth as it is sitting?? I have no clue.

Thanks for your time!
Kevin
Old 10-04-2001, 07:27 PM
vert2go89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable? (k_belknap)

I have an 81 and mine was about same condition as yours.same parts had been removed from mine also.I rebuilt all the suspension myself and wasnt that hard to do and believe me saved big bucks.I paid 3900 for mine 3 yrs ago.have put about 1000 into itand it drives nice now,except for brake problem for the moment.Unless someone souped up the engine then you would have the stock 190 hp engine.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:39 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable? (k_belknap)

Are you interested in selling?
Old 10-05-2001, 12:20 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

I know where there is a very similar car and they are asking 6500 bucks,,,It is pushing around 410hp
Old 10-05-2001, 02:54 PM
k_belknap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable? (71,454,4spd)

Yes, I would be willing to sell this car. I'm located in Fort Worth, TX.

Get notified of new replies

To How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable?

Quick Reply: How much is my car worth... OR, how much would it cost to make it driveable?