C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 03:31 PM
ridadyna
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio

Is this a good dealer?
Old 10-11-2001, 03:34 PM
TONYS68L36
Drifting

Default Re: Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio (ridadyna)

Seem to have alot of nice cars,but the prices are :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I have never heard anything bad about them (except for maybe the price)
Old 10-11-2001, 03:37 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio (TONYS68L36)

It is a good dealer if u like to pay about a 35% mark-up over other vette places......They always seem VERY pricey to me
Old 10-11-2001, 04:04 PM
Steve Grodin
Burning Brakes

You should ask this question in the Factory Correct Resto section.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:23 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

ridadyna,
From what i have heard you should keep your hand on your wallet AND do NOT bend over,you WILL get,(well you know)
redvetracr
Old 10-11-2001, 05:47 PM
Luv2Kruz
Racer

Be very, very careful. They have been know to not exactly tell the truth about some cars. No personal experience on this one, just things I hear via the grapevine. You're better off buying a car privately. Good luck.

[Modified by Luv2Kruz, 3:47 PM 10/11/2001]
Old 10-11-2001, 05:56 PM
69classchass
Advanced

Default Re: Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio (Luv2Kruz)

I looked through their lists of cars quite a few times,during the months I was searching for my 69. They have the cars, no doubt of that, as to their integrity, I dont know, as to their prices :eek: :eek: :eek: ditto with the rest of the posts on this thread.
Tom
Old 10-11-2001, 08:08 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio (69classchass)

Worth a visit to walk around and look...but you can do much better elsewhere on price.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:16 PM
GaryS
Melting Slicks

Others on this board and the NCRS board have mentioned that he seems to have an unusually high number of high option cars, big blocks, 427/435's, LT1's with a/c, etc, etc. Higher than one would find even for someone aggressively looking to buy cars for inventory. One fellow even complained that his "matching numbers" block lost the numbers when he power washed the engine. It seems the numbers were epoxied on, or some other such thing. The gist of comments about this place is buyer beware and don't believe everything you see. Go up with facts and be armed with books and perhaps even an expert to help you. I personally have no working knowledge of him, but based on his reputation, I steered clear of him.

Gary
Old 10-11-2001, 08:46 PM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They were in business MANY years ago under another name (T. Michaelis Corvette) not sure of spelling and went Bankrupt. Came back with new name. I have never bought from them but have read many horror stories on the internet such as "they seem to have more big blocks for sale than the factory produced" numbers matching that fall off (the epoxy trick), etc., doesn't seem very honest to me when you phony up numbers. Prices extremely high.
You might do much better elesewhere or through a private party with documentation to support the vehicle and what has been done to it.
Be careful!!
Old 10-11-2001, 08:57 PM
dlw
Racer

I have been involved in two purchases from Pro Team. 1) they are overpriced in my opinion, but they have a lot of inventory, and may have the car you want. 2) be sure to either go there or have an expert look at the car when you receive it. They will let you send it back in 24 hours but you pay all expenses and you never know when it will show up. One of the cars arrived at midnight!!!!!!!(and wouldnt start) "oh, it run good when we pushed er drove it on". That said, both cars were #'s matching, but werent near as nice as their ad made it sound like. They are a car dealer like every other used car dealer. Know what you want, and, what your willing to spend, then be really patient till you find it. In other words, buyer beware regardless where you go My 2 cents.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio

Quick Reply: Opinion on ProTeam in Ohio