C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield wiper motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
wackywitch
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wiper motor

I have just replaced my wiper motor. The motor never worked since I bought the car. I'm not good at all with electric so I ask this question. I tested the red and white wire connection to the wiper motor and there is no juice with the key on or off.So tracing the wire I come to a rubber boot connection with 2 red and white wires going in and 1 red and white wire coming out no juice to either side. The vacuum worked perfectly before I put the new wiper motor in, but now the wiper door opens when you start the car. Where does the motor juice come from inside the car or outside on the firewall ? I tested the wiper switch inside the car and have juice there. Please Help - George
Old 04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The wiper switch is just a ground, with no current on it. The current comes from the ign. switch, but not before it runs through the wiper over ride switch mounted between your lets under the dash. There are two fields to the wiper motor. The rubber boot should plug in to the limit switch boot. It has a T style plug in it that will only pass voltage if the limit switch buttong is pushed by the plunger made to the wiper door linkage. You can buypass this with a jumper wire if the door is open (closed and it will jamb up the arms).

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 04-30-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 PM
SoCalErv
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Army

Does anyone have a good wire diagram of the 69 washer system with the Headlamp anti-drip solenoid? Buba has gotten to mine and I am missing the two prong connection that attaches to the solenoid.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
sgreenamyer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See I am having a similiar problem with a 68 and boy is this system overly complicated. My problem is that when i turn the motor on I get cant turn it off, instead it speeds up. I tried to jump the system like the above diagram says but it doesnt do anything. instead if i apply power to the two black wires coming from the motor and the parking solnoid i get the motor to respond and this leaves me with the one red wire that i thought was ment to be pluged into the "always on" pin from the three pin T connector. needless to say I am verry confused..

Get notified of new replies

To windshield wiper motor

Quick Reply: windshield wiper motor