C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Media blaster in Jacksonville

Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
73Gator
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Media blaster in Jacksonville

I started chemical stripping my '73 and quickly found out that chemicals were very time consuming and did not work well on my car. I tried the razor blade and could not keep from gouging the glass. So, I will let the pros do it.
Does anyone know of a good media blaster in Jacksonville Florida that will blast my vette?
I already have the body back on the frame and would hate to take it back off. Can they blast with the body on the frame (sidepipes and all)?
Can they blast the door jams and all?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

You may try Wade at Wade's corvettes....he not cheep....and due to lack of decent help...not quick either,....but maybe he can help you....

he bought out Jimmy Lloyd some time ago....783-8583.......
Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
hap1971
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C and G Customs stripped and painted my 71, and did a perfect job.
721-9911, talk to Gary. Definitely not cheap, but incredible work.
Please tell them Richard from Howell's sent you.

Richard
Old 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

I STRONGLY recommend against media blasting any Corvette - way too easy to damage the fiberglass and even to the degree of completely destroying it.
If you absolutely insist on having it media blasted than at the very least find someone that has a LOT of experience doing Corvette bodies. If they tell you they can do a 'Vette because they do a lot of boats that are also fiberglass than insist on seeing their work on Vettes - boats have Gelcoat on them from the factory that Vettes do not and Gelcoat is a very strong barrier.
Insist on seeing a few Corvettes they have media blasted and also talk to the paonters that painted the cars after the place media blasted the body to see what the painter said about how the body turned out after blasting or if it required any body damage repairs.

Even the most mild media used, such as soda powder, can easily create major damage to a Vette body if not done properly because of too much pressure or lingering in an area for too long.

Chemical stripping is still the best recommended method to strip a Corvette body.

Get notified of new replies

To Media blaster in Jacksonville

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Media blaster in Jacksonville