C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Quad Carb Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Cab1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual Quad Carb Kits?

I'm thinking of going with the Edelbrock RPM kit (Summit Racing - sum-cbb2), but swapping out the carb and manifold for a Low-Pro Intake/Dual Quad Carb Kit so I don't have to deal with hood clearance problems. I don't see too many guys running dual quad setup's on the street, though. Is this a bad idea? Could I do better with a different carb, head, manifold combination?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
1BAD80
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be good to know what motor work has been done or all stock.
I run a cross ram, the next best thing would be a Berry Grant tri-power.
I do not like the other brand mentioned.
A cam/heads to match the combination is a great idea.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
FRSTR90
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the dual quad Idea... In fact, when I was thinking about building a small block, I was going to put a dual quad set up on. If you wanted just one carb, you could go with the Performer RPM Manifold w/ a holley 750 double pumper, a factory style drop base air cleaner (like what the L88's and LT'1 used), and a 3 in. element. There is enough clearance you could even put a 4 in. element you might have to flaten the wings of the wing nut. I can tell you from experience that this is one hell of a setup!

I was just looking at the summit number you posted and its not the package that I was think off. EDL-2098 is kit I thought you were thinking of.

Last edited by FRSTR90; 08-11-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:51 PM
VCuomo
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's my Edelbrock dual-quad setup (w/RPM Air Gap intake manifold and custom shorter air filter so that it all fits under an L88 hood, although these pictures show the original air filter):

Old 08-12-2007, 06:05 AM
cboyd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VCuomo
Here's my Edelbrock dual-quad setup (w/RPM Air Gap intake manifold and custom shorter air filter so that it all fits under an L88 hood, although these pictures show the original air filter):

Absolutely beautiful, love the dual quad look.

Clyde
Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

sure feels great when you put the hammer down. Nice looking engine bay,btw.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Roughrider
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Those setups all look fantastic...but it begs the question...do you guys own stock in oil companies?

With my '69 427/435, I think I should considering how driving the car supports them so.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Cab1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... Okay, here's the deal. I have a 74 Vette with a 350 small block. It has a short block replacement, which I was told was just put in when I bought the car four years ago. So it had about 60 miles when I got the car. I don't use it much, so I'm guessing it has about 150 miles on it now. It runs strong and since I put the headers on, I can tell just from the sound the cam has been bumpted up. To what I have no idea. It looks to me like they just bolted the stock top end onto a new shot block. The heads appear to be cast iron 202's. I had the th400 rebuilt and tricked out to three quarder race with a 2500 stall converter. Like I say, it yanks the car around really good, but you know how it is. I want more. The trouble is, other than what I just you, I have no idear what 's inside. I'm guessing it's just a standard two bolt short block with cast everything inside, but it sure don't feel like it. The thing is if I go with an Edelbrock top end and Dual Quads, will I have enough vaccume? Will I blow my bottom end tork.

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Quad Carb Kits?

Quick Reply: Dual Quad Carb Kits?