C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame repair help????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
78anniversary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Frame repair help????

Can anyone help me out with info on frame compatibility? I have a 69 that needs frame work around the pockets that hold the trailing arms. I have found a rear section of a corvette frame on ebay but it is for a newer corvette (75 & up I think). Knowing the extreme aft section of this frame is different due to the rear bumper differences will the rest of it work for replacing the rotted trailing arm pockets on the 69?

Where did the Dale Earndhart ad come from?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
big_G
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try to find a frame from a '69 to 73 if you can. It will make the repair much easier. The ad comes from the forum's new owners.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
72LS1Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The trailing arm pocket sections of the 75 frame should be OK for your repair, but you would have to cut the 75 frame off about even with the centerline of the rear wheel and weld your original back end onto it.

I think you can get individual repair pieces from places like Zip's and maybe Doc Rebuild. It might be easier overall to just replace the bad portions of the original frame.

Rick B.

Get notified of new replies

To Frame repair help????

Quick Reply: Frame repair help????