C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES - Another Hooker Sidepipe Post

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Ragtop_Rob
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default YES - Another Hooker Sidepipe Post

Hi Everyone!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. This car would not be possible without you all. I have a 71 454 Vette, I MUST have side pipes. I like the factory look and heat shields, BUT I love the hooker sound. Is there a way to have both? Will the pipes from Sweet Thunder give me the hooker sound? OR should I just get the Hookers and damn the stock look. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Hookers and LOVE them, both look and sound. A member here, Dean from Bangkok sells steel shields for C3s with 4" pipes to protect against burns. Personally I like the look of the bare pipe and just make sure I am very careful when getting in or out.

I don't like stock pipes, and Sweet Thunder makes some very good sounding inserts for the Hooker pipes.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
63mako
Race Director

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Ragtop_Rob
Hi Everyone!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. This car would not be possible without you all. I have a 71 454 Vette, I MUST have side pipes. I like the factory look and heat shields, BUT I love the hooker sound. Is there a way to have both? Will the pipes from Sweet Thunder give me the hooker sound? OR should I just get the Hookers and damn the stock look. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.
Your car is sweet! I am a custom guy, but with a low mileage, correct, numbers matching big block 71 vert use factory sidepipes with chambered exhaust. You will give up some power over the hookers. You may have to modify the body at the rocker for the hookers to fit.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Glassbowtie77
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Hookers also and absolutely love the look of them. I have the Hooker MaxFlo muffler inserts and the sound is old school, deep and powerful sounding but not obnoxious.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
71rdster
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still think that the factory sidepipes for 69 are the greatest looking pipes and covers ever. But they are far more expensive and restrictive than Hooker headers and sidepipes. Even if you pop for ceramic coating, and some of BD's heat shields (which look pretty cool too), you'll save a lot, have better performance, great looks, and a really great sound. IMO, its a no brainer.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 PM
84rzv500r
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dean can hook you up... even does custom stuff

Get notified of new replies

To YES - Another Hooker Sidepipe Post

Quick Reply: YES - Another Hooker Sidepipe Post