C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy JUST rubber bushings??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
ajkogut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy JUST rubber bushings??

So after much soul searching and reading (ok, not quite), I've all but decided to use rubber bushings to rebuild my suspension. First, can anyone give me a good reason to use poly? FYI, I'm using a 330# composite leaf in the rear, KYB gas-adjusts all around, and 460# coils up front.

My question is, where is the best place to get a rubber bushing kit? I was planning to get the ES poly kit from Summit, as it contains ONLY the bushings, but I haven't found anything similar for rubber. With all the bad ball joints out there, I am going to buy Moog ball joints and tie rod ends. So this begs the question, where can I get the best rubber bushing kit? Keep in mind, I'd rather not have the full kit, with the ball joints and other parts that I won't use.

Any suggestions? All the kits I see seem to be complete or deluxe kits and contain all the other serviceable parts, as well as the rubber. Where can I get a good set of JUST bushings? Thanks!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was looking to do the same thing and I bought my rubber bushings locally. Find a place near you that sells Moog brand parts. They're quality USA parts. I found mine at Oreilly and Napa, so check with your local parts stores and see who sells Moog.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Zychron
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get all my parts from Rock Auto. You want Moog p/n K-305 for upper a-arm and K-304 for lower. These are just the a-arm bushing kits.

Beware of non Moog branded parts from the big parts chains, even though the box says it's made by Moog. They are NOT as good as Moog branded parts.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Theiskell
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
I was looking to do the same thing and I bought my rubber bushings locally. Find a place near you that sells Moog brand parts. They're quality USA parts. I found mine at Oreilly and Napa, so check with your local parts stores and see who sells Moog.

I just got moog brand lower control arm bushings from Oreilly's on friday
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Jud Chapin
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 417 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Advance Auto also carries quality bushings.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

I read on the forum that the newer rubber bushings deteriorated much quicker than the older ones. The posters didnt mention if they were quality Moog bushings or generics.

I dont want to take anything suspension related apart again so I went with polys.

Get notified of new replies

To Where to buy JUST rubber bushings??

Quick Reply: Where to buy JUST rubber bushings??