C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Diagram for a 1977 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
jimbo1972
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Vacuum Diagram for a 1977 Coupe

Hello,
Does anyone have a Vac. Diagram for a 1977 Coupe kicking around they can email me?
I wanna double check some vac lines and my books that I have are not really clear about it.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Jimbo
Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM
jimbo1972
Burning Brakes

Sure does, thanks! I am also looking for the vac diagram for the heating system. My car was orinally an A/C car but most of the stuff was removed by the previouse owner so I am trying to figure that out.
thanks
Jimbo
Old 04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1972
Sure does, thanks! I am also looking for the vac diagram for the heating system. My car was orinally an A/C car but most of the stuff was removed by the previouse owner so I am trying to figure that out.
thanks
Jimbo

This is the best I can do for that.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
jimbo1972
Burning Brakes

Thanks, It will have to do!!
You guys are the best!!
Jimbo
Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Received 1,292 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango_boy
Will this help?

Sorry but the vacuum diagram provided by Corvette 101 is not correct. The headlight vacuum lines are wrong. The upper connection of the manual pull down switch goes directly to the top port of the headlight switch, not directly to the actuator tee. The bottom port of the manual pull down switch goes directly to the actuator tee. Other then that the drawing is correct.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bmotojoe
Sorry but the vacuum diagram provided by Corvette 101 is not correct. The headlight vacuum lines are wrong. The upper connection of the manual pull down switch goes directly to the top port of the headlight switch, not directly to the actuator tee. The bottom port of the manual pull down switch goes directly to the actuator tee. Other then that the drawing is correct.

Yeah you'll notice I fixed it in the one I posted. Go to the website and you'll see the change I made...unless they fixed the one on the 101 website, and I already had the correct one and just made it wrong again.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
jimbo1972
Burning Brakes

Ok, Thanks for the heads up.
I am really trying to figure out how to get my heat and vents to work without any of the A/C stuff attached. The previous owner pulled the compressor, lines and gutted the box on the pass. side engine bay.
So i gotta figure out the HVAC panel in the car and how it will relate to the vents and also the vac. valve thats on the line going to the heater core.
Any suggestions?
I dont care that the A/C is gone, thats what T-tops are for!!
Just want the heat and vents to work somewhat correct.
Thanks agian
Jimbo
Old 04-01-2008, 02:30 PM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

I believe this is a correct drawing for the headlights. Complete with color coded lines as they were installed at the factory.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

All of the HVAC lines are color coded that should help using the drawing provided. They may be brittle from age so handle them gently. An inexpensive hand pump that creates a vacuum with gauge will help you isolate bad lines and valves. If you need to splice any lines I suggest getting a larger vacuum line that the ID fits snug on the OD of the original line. I’m not sure if Dr. Rebuild offers replacement lines for the HVAC controls but if he does they should be the best replacement available out there.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum Diagram for a 1977 Coupe

Quick Reply: Vacuum Diagram for a 1977 Coupe