C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lizard Skin vs Hushmat

Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by bodaboom69
i just read the showdown, it's interesting, seems the overpriced junk came in second.
Considering that the only overall rankings they do are to declare a "best product" and "best value," it's very difficult to say that they came in "second" on that site. Each category, however, is a different issue. Take price, for instance. Dynamat Xtreme is the most expensive product out there. Dynamat Original failed at 160*F - the second...from the bottom. (Dynamat Xtreme did well there, failing at 500*F. However, the Damplifier products didn't even fail at that high temperature and cost less.) In conclusion - Dynamat is overpriced, especially at the MSRP. YMMV.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:14 PM
bodaboom69
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

i agree, dynamat is overpriced. so is starbucks coffee.
but when you have the brand name alot is forgiven. i would like to try the damplifier product. and maybe get some samples myself and do my own private testing. i tend to be very sceptical about the things i read on the internet. the is no substitute for first hand experience
it would also be nice if the the spray on products work as they claim.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

I guess that's why some folks pay $80K for an Escalade instead of buying a Chevy for half the price. Doesn't make it smart, though.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:24 PM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 317 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by redson
This was an excellent read

First time I ever saw the different mats compared side by side. A shame that lizard skin (or the home made microsphere alternative) wasn't included in the test, though he didn't really compare the effectivenes of the products anyways.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm Batman
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
I guess that's why some folks pay $80K for an Escalade instead of buying a Chevy for half the price. Doesn't make it smart, though.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:11 PM
gr8t73
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I really love this site loads of knowledge and hands on expereince. I am leaning toward the dynomat but haven't made a final decision. I will be starting this project next month I will let you know what I decide and whether or not I am satisfied with the results.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:31 PM
redson
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gr8t73
Thanks for all the info. I really love this site loads of knowledge and hands on expereince. I am leaning toward the dynomat but haven't made a final decision. I will be starting this project next month I will let you know what I decide and whether or not I am satisfied with the results.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Kellys~hotrods
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Dynomat for well over ten tears on variopus projects. I prefer to use extreme, and have experienced first hand great results when installing on the insiide firewall, floor, doors, ect. Outside noise is dramatically reduced, as well as heat if you get the extreme with a layer of foil (which is heat reflective). It's all I ever used when competing in IASCA sanctioned stereo competitions. You get what you pay for in most cases.

Kelly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lizard Skin vs Hushmat