C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help...turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:04 AM
77stingray
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help...turn signals

I have a '77 vette L-82 and I'm having trouble with the right turn signal. It blinks much slower than the left turn signal. The left turn signal works fine. The right turn signal, while it blinks slower, also has an issue with the second filament in the rear right blub. I just replaced the bulb so I know that it's fine, and it performs just the same as the old bulb. When the turn signal lights, only one filament blinks, but the other filament remains dark and does not light, making for a dim bulb on the right side. The left works exactly as it should, one filament lit when the brakes are applied and the other to blink with the blinker on. What could be the problem in the circuit?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 AM
SH-60B
Melting Slicks

Received 194 Likes on 162 Posts

It works the same as the old bulb, so maybe the old bulb is the wrong part number. Does the old bulb number match the bulb number on the other side of the car that blinks correctly?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 PM
77stingray
Advanced

yes, it matches, and i looked up the numbers and they're all correct. i just bought a new, correct flasher. the left side, again, blinks fine, however, the right does not blink at all now. are there two flashers or just one?

apparently, by getting a new flasher, i switched from an electronic flasher back to the original type flasher. i'm wondering as to why the right side flashing is not working and the lights are dim?

Last edited by 77stingray; 08-09-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:33 PM
77stingray
Advanced

okay...so by cleaning some contacts...i fixed it. buuut the reverse lights do not work. we just had the transmission rebuilt so i'm thinking that a switch was not replaced? where is the reverse light switch located? is there a fuse for the reverse lights?
Old 08-09-2008, 10:53 PM
addballer696
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

im having some of the same problems with my 77. The tranny in mine is newer and the reverse lights don't work. Also my turn signals and hazards went out a couple days ago. What contacts did you clean, mabye that will work on mine too.

Get notified of new replies

To help...turn signals

Quick Reply: help...turn signals