C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Install Affordable Fuel Injection's TPI System?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
DC3
Melting Slicks

Received 353 Likes on 254 Posts

Default Anyone Install Affordable Fuel Injection's TPI System?

Been thinking of this fuel injection system for my '73:

http://www.affordable-fuel-injection...Fuel+Injection

I like the fact that it uses stock GM sensors and computer and that the intake flows better than the old stock TPI systems.

Has anyone installed it?

Opinions?

DC
Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 PM
thegazman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thegazman

The new "Hot Rod" magazine out this month has a section on installing different types of fuel injection. Maybe good information for you.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Bullshark
Melting Slicks

Received 104 Likes on 49 Posts
CI 5 & 8 Veteran

Originally Posted by DC3

Opinions?

DC
Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Those old chip based ECM's with mail order calibration tune files (chips) aren't worth the time of day.....IMHO. The intake, TB etc. does look interesting though. I would consider using an afermarket Accel Thruster ECU or equivalent.

Last edited by Bullshark; 09-11-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
DC3
Melting Slicks

Received 353 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by thegazman
The new "Hot Rod" magazine out this month has a section on installing different types of fuel injection. Maybe good information for you.
Hey Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm trying to come up with the best bang for the buck and this article might help with that.

Originally Posted by Bullshark
Those old chip based ECM's with mail order calibration tune files (chips) aren't worth the time of day.....IMHO. The intake, TB etc. does look interesting though. I would consider using an afermarket Accel Thruster ECU or equivalent.
My mechanic does performance dyno tuning and can burn new chips and can modify programmable ECMs if need be. One of the options with this system is a Vette specific weatherproof ECM they used to put in C4s with TPI. Don't know if I'll have room anywhere in the cabin for an ECM.

Another option with this system (you have to go to the "buy it now" page to see the options) is a fully programmable EMC/wideband 02 option. Would you think this is a better choice than a chip based ECM? If it is not weatherproof, where is a good place to install it?

Appreciate the input.

DC

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Install Affordable Fuel Injection's TPI System?

Quick Reply: Anyone Install Affordable Fuel Injection's TPI System?