C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just tell me what I need-5.3 vortec swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 PM
catchme76
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just tell me what I need-5.3 vortec swap

Say what you want..run in the ground..blah blah..im tired of searching! ls1tech, performancetrucks, corvette forum geez. my brain is fried and the 50 PAGE lsx swap thread is crazy. Heres the scenario. 2004 5.3(lm4) aluminum block. Its going in my vette! one way or the other. now the questions!!!

Accessories- Anyway the truck accessories will work? They seem to be closer to the center than the vette and fbody acc. so i dont think they would contact anywhere? or just buy the fbody brackets, WP, altenator etc.?

Intake-truck intake is tall with those long runners. Ill more than likely have to switch to an ls1/ls6 intake even with my l88 hood. anyone made the truck manifold fit?

Throttle body-I believe this will be via drive by wire/DBW. Anyone got any pics of DBW pedal pics? If i switch to cable driven how will this affect my pcm?

PCM-Do i need to get the exact pcm that comes with this motor? Or can i use any ls based pcm?

Im running a t-5 manual tranny.
First set of questions..Im sure more will arrive as post come in.

Quick Reply: Just tell me what I need-5.3 vortec swap