C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossfire to carb conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 AM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crossfire to carb conversion

If you have made this switch ,, what carb,manifold,and air cleaner did you use .

thank you g
Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Ttt
Old 05-15-2009, 09:30 PM
vet85
Burning Brakes

Default carb

send a pm to lebvet he will be back on monday....he might even b in the 08 z06 section but he changed out his and can tell u all about it
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 AM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

ttt
Old 05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

..... GEORGE.....

long-time, no-hear!

after moving to Florida a few years ago, the 700R4 in our '82 crapped-out, and we had Tracy Lewis at RevXtreme, in Bradenton, rebuild it to hold more power and added a new converter fro FTI in Orlando:
while he was at it, he decided he'd 'liberate' the CFI from the car (after towing it to his shop, he called me while I was en-route home, and TOLD me he was going to do this), replacing it with an older dual-plane intake & 650 Holley.

Here is a link to our report from the first outing at the drag-strip in mid-November '08, which may be of-interest to you:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...rag-strip.html

Car subsequently has run 13.90s @ 99+ MPH, but needs to have the lock-up TQ-converter wired so that we keep it in 'non-locking' mode when we race it (been busy last few months, and the car has sat), yet it has turned 18+ MPG on a short spurt, so it is very road-friendly for the performance it offers.

hope this helps, send me a Private Message if ya need more info, and/or I can give you Tracy Lewis' e-mail address for additional details.....

yinz guyz done shovelin' snow an'at up-'ere?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 PM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Hey Glenn , how are things in the land of sun ? What I really needed was just the carb and manifold type and what air cleaner to use . I changed this car over to carbs before you left taxylvania , I am selling the car and removing the webers before the sale . I had installed a new tremec, afr heads etc and 3:7 gears when I installed the carbs . I really needed the manifold and carb info for clearance sake . The car will never run as nice with the 4 barrel but someone is going to get a real nice car . Glad to see you folks are doing good down there ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Geo
Old 05-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

I didn't know if you were swapping-out the CFI on another '82 for a friend/customer, or removing the Webers from your '82:
the 300-48 intake & Holley carb fit easily, but air cleaner clearence is an issue..... the small, triangular 'Edelbrock Lynx', with the sponge element, fits under the hood, but I am leery of it catching fire, so we've removed the element, leaving-only the mesh cover, to keep large rocks & debris from being swallowed, when driving on the street (I raced it this way, too).

A friend loaned me a drop-base K&N filter, but it wasn't close to fitting properly, as I believe the integral ducting on the under-side of the hood is the issue with '82s:
Clint's C3, who's done a bit of drag-racing his '82 since ditching the CFI, might have an idea about an intake/carb/air-cleaner combination that'll provide clearence for your project

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...lint-s-c3.html

if you contact Clint via P..M., tell him I sent you:
WHOEVER gets your '82, even-without the exotic induction, is purchasing a sweet ride.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:44 AM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

Well I sure want to thank for your help ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good info makes life slide easily along . Say hello to that stunning young lady friend of yours ,old geezers never forget

Get notified of new replies

To crossfire to carb conversion

Quick Reply: crossfire to carb conversion