C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door mirrors on 1982

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 09:05 PM
parklawn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door mirrors on 1982

The outside mirrors on my '82 are tipped inward, that is to say they are not level. There is not another Corvette around right now where I am to check so I have a question that needs an answer.
I think the mirrors have been taken off and have been reinstalled incorrectly. There is a gasket/rubber insert between the mirror and the side of the door. The thicker portion of this gasket/rubber insert is at the bottom of the mirror which I believe causes it to tip inward and I don't think it should be that way. If this gasket/rubber insert were installed an the top of the mirror I believe the mirrors would be level.
However, before I tackle the task of reversing the gasket/rubber insert, can anyone tell me which is the correct way to install this gasket/rubber insert.........thicker portion at the bottom of the mirror with the mirrors tipped inward...... or thicker portion at the top of the mirrors and have them level.
Thanks for anyone who takes the time to answer.

[Modified by parklawn, 8:07 PM 2/7/2002]
Old 02-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Door mirrors on 1982 (parklawn)

I just look at mine and the thick part is at the top. My mirrors sit level.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:41 PM
parklawn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Door mirrors on 1982 (Pete79L82)

Thanks for your answer Pete..........21 minutes for an answer is really pretty quick........also.....thanks to everyone at the Corvetteforum who make this possible

[Modified by parklawn, 8:41 PM 2/7/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Door mirrors on 1982

Quick Reply: Door mirrors on 1982