C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Lars Quadrajet Papers Are A Treasure !

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 PM
jeff79'
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Default The Lars Quadrajet Papers Are A Treasure !

I was enlightened for the first time tonight to Lars's Quadrajet tuning papers.Those got archived to my Corvette file along side Jim Shea's steering column papers with the quickness.Man....Lars must have tried and tested every different combo possible to come up with them....I'm getting my carb rebuilt next week, so at least I'll have some basic terminology down when I talk to the dude..................My hats off to Lars !..
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM
PuddleJumper
Pro

cool
Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
dstaley
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

His papers have made all the difference to me. I'm continually thankful that he has shared this information with all of us. We are forever in his debt.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
jeff79'
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by dstaley
His papers have made all the difference to me. I'm continually thankful that he has shared this information with all of us. We are forever in his debt.
..No doubt !
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
21boy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guess I should take a read too.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 PM
jeff79'
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by 21boy
Guess I should take a read too.
Definetly familiarize yourself with them.Then start asking around and find a great quadrajet rebuilder......For $150.00 and 1 week of lost driving time, you will rest assured that it's done properly.When talking to the guy who is going to rebuild mine next week, the questions he was asking me showed me just how many variables there are, and if you get 1, or a combination of things wrong,,,,,,bad things happen.You know what I mean.

Last edited by jeff79'; 08-19-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 PM
PuddleJumper
Pro

so where are these papers cuz the SBC im going to get has a q jet on it
Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM
jeff79'
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
Do a search for "Lars papers" and choose posts (not threads).....The first post has the URL....it's amazing.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
You'll find Lars papers and much more here http://lbfun.com Go to Corvette pages, click on the tech section and go to 'Fuel and Intake'. PG.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Kid Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

All of Lars' papers and the man himself can be found at VetteMOD.com
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 AM
jeff79'
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by petes74ttop
You'll find Lars papers and much more here http://lbfun.com Go to Corvette pages, click on the tech section and go to 'Fuel and Intake'. PG.
Nice tech archive Pete....That went strait to my favorites..
Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Vette
Link doesn't work.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Kid Vette
Works for me!

Click on Forum.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Jeff_Keryk
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Lars has offered me his advice via email, and it was spot on.
I have nothing but respect for his knowledge; even more so for his willingness to help.
I believe he gets 60+ emails per day...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by jeff79'
Nice tech archive Pete....That went strait to my favorites..
Jeff79' Thanks for the positive reply. The link I posted takes a few more steps, but it gets us there. I can't see why any of us would promote a competitive forum. PG.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:03 AM
dstaley
Pro

There's nothing wrong with promoting other forums. It is hard to imagine that anyone in this forum are not aware of other forums, nor does it harm this forum for our members to be active in more than one site. There is a wealth of information on this site, but there are limits to the resources available here and diversity doesn't hurt. Frankly, information from other forums often makes the difference between success and failure for a given project.

There are only so many vintage Corvettes out there, and not all are active on the internet. Fewer still are technical experts, and if one is alienated on this forum due to some interpersonal conflict or simply does not have time to keep up with the dozens of internet Corvette forums out there, we should not be expected to ignore pleas for help from someone that doesn't know there is a helpful expert somewhere else. Most come here looking for information to help with a project, and there is nothing wrong with pointing them to it even if it is on another forum.

Are forums with a primary focus on other cars "competing" with us? Where would we be without knowledge sharing from NastyZ28.com, TeamChevelle.com, TeamCamaro.com, LS1Tech.com, or scores of other similar sites? What about related technical sites- GarageForum.com, Weldingweb.com, PracticalMachinist.com, etc.?

I hope we are all adults here; the internet is big enouigh for all of us.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 AM
greg75vette
Racer

There's nothing wrong with promoting other forums. It is hard to imagine that anyone in this forum are not aware of other forums, nor does it harm this forum for our members to be active in more than one site. There is a wealth of information on this site, but there are limits to the resources available here and diversity doesn't hurt. Frankly, information from other forums often makes the difference between success and failure for a given project.

There are only so many vintage Corvettes out there, and not all are active on the internet. Fewer still are technical experts, and if one is alienated on this forum due to some interpersonal conflict or simply does not have time to keep up with the dozens of internet Corvette forums out there, we should not be expected to ignore pleas for help from someone that doesn't know there is a helpful expert somewhere else. Most come here looking for information to help with a project, and there is nothing wrong with pointing them to it even if it is on another forum.

Are forums with a primary focus on other cars "competing" with us? Where would we be without knowledge sharing from NastyZ28.com, TeamChevelle.com, TeamCamaro.com, LS1Tech.com, or scores of other similar sites? What about related technical sites- GarageForum.com, Weldingweb.com, PracticalMachinist.com, etc.?

Well said.

Get notified of new replies

To The Lars Quadrajet Papers Are A Treasure !

Old 08-21-2009, 12:46 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

But for some reason I still can't get in.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
dstaley
Pro

Originally Posted by DWncchs
But for some reason I still can't get in.
What browser are you using?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

What browser are you using?
OK now I'm really going to show my ignorance because I'm not entirely sure what a browser is. Do you mean like Mozilla Firefox ? If so thats it and it was set up for me by another member so I'm not sure how its set up. I do know that I don't see most of the ads and I used to have an orange thing down in the lower right hand corner that I clicked on to accept and deny cookies but for some reason it disappeared.

Greg75 sent me another link and I was able to get in but when I clicked on the vettemod link posted above yesterday my computer just sat there and at the bottom it said waiting on vettemod or something like that,

Quick Reply: The Lars Quadrajet Papers Are A Treasure !