C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal indicator lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
base1957
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signal indicator lights

Rear blinkers work, front ones do not and the indicators in the dash do not work?
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 PM
68blueshark
Instructor

Default turn signal lights

Hello

Well the turn signal switch is in the steering column- I had the same thing- one of the wires was loose and after a bit of messing with it it started working again- got to pull the steering wheele off and get under all of that stuff to get to the turn signal switch- mine operates the hazard light also- they worked but the signals did not.

Good luck.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
base1957
Instructor

are the front ones independent of the rear ones
Old 09-02-2009, 11:44 PM
68blueshark
Instructor

Default turn signal lights

The wiring for the front left and right, back left and right turn signals, parking lights and energency hazard lights wiring all come into the turn signal switch. sometimes a wire gets loose and quits working or the switch goes bad.
Replacing the switch and wiring harness is tricky to feed through steering coulmn- the wiring harness has 6- 8 wires and a half round connector.

Almost forgot- the brake lights are also wired to the turn signal switch - because that is what I lost- the rivit on the break light wire on the turn signal switch was loose and not making contact- I just flared it out a bit so it would touch and the break lights worked again- and have for the last year.

Good luck
Ed

Last edited by 68blueshark; 09-03-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Racer11
Racer

My turn signals were acting up from time to time and the turn signal lever was not staying in position when put in the right turn mode.

I just put the fix on my winter update list last winter along with my tac repair,,,I pulled the steering column and rebuilt the whole thing replacing all the parts I could get. Whatever the problem was it was solved and everything works good including the tac.

Get notified of new replies

To turn signal indicator lights

Quick Reply: turn signal indicator lights