C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an older style dipstick and shielding for an 86+ 350 Block!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Corellian Corvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need an older style dipstick and shielding for an 86+ 350 Block!

Hey everyone! Need some help.

I used a later style 86+ 350 Block for the 383 Build in my 73 Stingray.

The engine is getting finished on the stand, and we ran into a problem - I *just* noticed that the dip stick on this block is on the Passenger side, not on the drivers side, and it's lower in the block as opposed to being up on the head like my '73.

I need to find a dipstick/tube that will work in this motor. I don't want to use the newer style that comes way up and points towards the front - I want a classic looking tube that just comes straight up. Also, the hole in the block is slightly smaller then the hole in the head, so the older style dipstick tube won't fit.

The other problem is the spark-plug wire shielding that holds the wires near the bottom of the block. The drivers-side shielding bolted in fine, but the passenger side, the bolt-holes are farther apart. Is there shielding from a later model car that would work?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Check dipstick for lat 80 early 90 Camaro. comes up with a bend but stays near number 6 exhaust port. about $19.00 at local speed shop for chrome tube and dipstick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need an older style dipstick and shielding for an 86+ 350 Block!