C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing cage nut on #4 body mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 05:42 PM
zigvs
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default replacing cage nut on #4 body mount

How do you access the cage nut on the #4 body mount?I'm thinking of cutting an access hole and covering it with the same cover on the #3 mount.anyone anyone.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:01 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

It is located in a recess behind the rear tire tubs that you access from inside the back. Just pull up the carpet and you will find it. It is a little harder to get to if you have a convertible. Both of mine were broke loose from the body and the nut just spon freely. There were only there to aid in the assembly and not for strength. They were held there with two aluminum rivets in the fiberglass to keep the nut in location untill the bolts were put in. I had to cut the bolts off anyway to get them out. I then made a steel washer to fit in the reccess and attached the cage and nuts to it. The fiberglass was pretty broken up because the reinforcment bracket was rusted out. The washer also helped to reinforce the area once it was done.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Zig
You are one town 2minutes away from me. Crawl in the back compartment it is down in a hole under the carpet. Redwing has it pretty much covered
Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 PM
zigvs
Racer

thanks fellas youe the best.Yeah I noticed on your past posts.I going deep on this project.lol
Old 11-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Artsvette73
Drifting

Originally Posted by zigvs
thanks fellas youe the best.Yeah I noticed on your past posts.I going deep on this project.lol
Couldn't be any deeper than my 73 was

Get notified of new replies

To replacing cage nut on #4 body mount

Quick Reply: replacing cage nut on #4 body mount