C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power steering pump fittings

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
delbert62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power steering pump fittings

I did an LS1 swap in my 76 last summer and used the late model power steering pump. Now I am doing a rack and pinion swap and want to know if the pressure side fitting in the new pump is the same type that is in the 81/82 style pump. When I did the motor swap I just cut the existing line and spliced it together with the line that was on the new pump.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
AzMotorhead
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 68 Posts

Look like these??ANPlumbing.com
The 9919's
Old 03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
delbert62
Instructor

Originally Posted by AzMotorhead
Look like these??ANPlumbing.com
The 9919's
Not exactly sure. I kind of remember there being an O-ring on the new pump line.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 547 Likes on 375 Posts

I think the late model pump will have metric threads and I believe it has an o-ring also. I had this issue with the GM Performance Parts Catalog power steering pump. I was metric and my high pressure hose was english. Two solutions:

1) buy a brass adapter from a power steering repair shop. It costs about $6.50. Forgot the name of the shop. Some guy in Arizona.

2) Remove the reservoir can (the ham can). You can remove the metric high pressure fitting and install an english high pressure fitting (or vice versa). This is what I did. Didn't know about the stupid simple brass adapter fitting at the time.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
delbert62
Instructor

Originally Posted by 68/70Vette
I think the late model pump will have metric threads and I believe it has an o-ring also. I had this issue with the GM Performance Parts Catalog power steering pump. I was metric and my high pressure hose was english. Two solutions:

1) buy a brass adapter from a power steering repair shop. It costs about $6.50. Forgot the name of the shop. Some guy in Arizona.

2) Remove the reservoir can (the ham can). You can remove the metric high pressure fitting and install an english high pressure fitting (or vice versa). This is what I did. Didn't know about the stupid simple brass adapter fitting at the time.
Great info. Anyone else know where I might be able to find this kind of an adapter?

Get notified of new replies

To power steering pump fittings

Quick Reply: power steering pump fittings