C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ram Horn Manifolds vs. Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 AM
behardt91
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ram Horn Manifolds vs. Headers

I'm rebuilding my 79 that got wrecked recently and I bought some corvette hooker headers to go on it. For some odd reason, the right side header hits the idler arm and the tranny lines. So now, I am thinking about putting the factory ram horns on. Will ram horns be ok on a pretty modified 350 that puts out 300-400 horses? I would assume they can't rob me of too much performance.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Rotonda
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 78 Posts

In the day, rams horn manifolds were noted as being one of the best flowing manifolds available. That said, you need to be more specific about your engine's configuration. If it is more of a lower speed torque engine, you will lose little compared with 4 tube headers. If it is designed to operate at higher speeds, it will benefit from something other than the rams horn manifolds.

There are many in between alternatives ranging from Sandrrson cast iron heaher/manifolds; to larger internal diameter Speedway rams horns; to block huggers to the 80's and 90's stock tubular manifolds.

Quick Reply: Ram Horn Manifolds vs. Headers