C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 blade vs 7 blade mechanical fan

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 PM
centralcalvette
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I'd be more than happy to trade a flex fan currently on my 69 427 for a
factory gm vette fan corect for my car, any takers? As far as I am concerned, generally speaking, the factory engineers design parts and cars so that they will work correctly under all conditions, including bubbas and bubettes who drive like idiots. They design generally cars with enough additonal (cooling etc) capacity so that they don't have exessive warranty claims and reliability concerns, even though they can't controll how or who drives it. Keep in mind that your car (accoring to the photo) is thirty years old, and there are infinite adverse wear and age problems that can keep your car from overheating, plugged or restricted radiator, rotted out or even missing water pump impeller, wrong size pulleys (turn water pump & fan too fast or slow) etc,etc,etc, so if you increase the horsepower of your vette. you will increase the heat load considerably. Start with good basics like a rodded out, or new radiator, use good quality (autozone and the like are usually questionable chinese parts, chosen by for for price, not QUALITY). stick with quality, name brand, and when possible GM parts. For me, it's too expensive to break down, and a major BUZZ KILL to be sitting on the side of the road watching lessor cars drive by because some backwards engineereed chinese part failed. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: 5 blade vs 7 blade mechanical fan