C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Spuco_77
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical ?

This for you tech guys, I have a 1977 corvette w/ rear defrost. It has three wires. Power, Ground, Wire to rear window. Its put it on and have to shut it off. I can only find a "new" 1979-1980 Switch, however its a four wire, power, ground, wire to rear window , and the four wire goes to a time delay switch> I think for the interior lights. dose any one have any idear on how i can wire this switch to my car. I can get the switch to power up but it wont stay on because its a momentary switch push and release type, were the stock one was a toggle.
Need some info
Thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
wnmech
Drifting

Looking at my 77 wiring diagram you could probably just use a simple off on switch. The tan wire is the hot wire off of the fuse box and the purple wire is the wire that goes out to the heating element and the black wire just completes the ground circuit for the light on the switch. You would probably have to pay attention not to leave the switch on for too long. I believe the rear defroster switch was another 77 only part.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Spuco_77
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by wnmech
Looking at my 77 wiring diagram you could probably just use a simple off on switch. The tan wire is the hot wire off of the fuse box and the purple wire is the wire that goes out to the heating element and the black wire just completes the ground circuit for the light on the switch. You would probably have to pay attention not to leave the switch on for too long. I believe the rear defroster switch was another 77 only part.
Thanks, i could use any old switch but kind of **** about having a new stock looking rear defronst switch, and your right it was a 77 only and no one has them new. Mine works but lettering is worn off. 79 switch direct bolt in except for on added wire. I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT LOL !
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 AM
BOBCAT1
Advanced

Nos listed on fleabay yesterday.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical ?

Quick Reply: Electrical ?