C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Door Lock Question

Are there any power door lock kits available for C3 corvettes that use a key fob to open the locks or any existing power locks with key fobs that can be retrofitted to the C3?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Mashman
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This might help.

It shows how someone added actuators that were controlled via an aftermarket alarm.

http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/doorlocks/doorlocks.html
Old 12-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"Mashman's" link is good one, but once you've got power lock's, just about any aftermarket security system will interface with it. Have a 77' Old's that already had power lock's and trunk, and year's ago installed a Crimestopper system. It's all remote now, and nice way to preserve a paint job. There's a member here offering free C3 chassis wiring diagrams, and you're really wanting one of these.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Crash80
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette5.5
"Mashman's" link is good one, but once you've got power lock's, just about any aftermarket security system will interface with it.

I have an 80 that has on old Viper alarm system, factory actuators. Works like a charm, so the above statement is quite correct, assuming your actuators are in good shape.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
oldboat
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

i have an avital system in my 69. works great. the modules are all on the passenger side on top of the interior a/c box. the door actuators are from ebay. look at the door lock actuators on ebay, they are very inexpensive (about $3). i am using the rack/pinion style. if you can wait till the weekend i should be able to get pictures for you.

Get notified of new replies

To Door Lock Question

Quick Reply: Door Lock Question