C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 suspension swap to a C3

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 AM
jeffp1167
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C4 suspension swap to a C3

I'm curious if any of you have done this and how much did it cost for shipping your frame off to be altered to accept C4 complete suspension.

I have a great deal on a 91 stripped coupe with a D36 and all related suspension pieces for 600.00.

This would be for my 1982 convertible project I am working on that I just have never been happy with it's suspension or steering system. I had thought about aftermarket systems to make things better but hear to much good and bad on everything. I have driven a 1990 corvette for 3 weeks and really loved the way it handled and drove. Ideally I would like to run C4 stuff but with coil overs instead of the monosprings.

I've seen the tube frames which are quite impressive but way out of reach for me at this time since I have another vette project going on as well. So I am very interested in people here who have had their stock frames setup to accept C4 stuff.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
my72vette454
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ones I have looked into seemed to be about the same price as just buying a custom frame. I am just starting on my own conversion, my winter project. http://www.vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6741

Quick Reply: C4 suspension swap to a C3