C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Wiper Parking Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 AM
samuk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1969 Wiper Parking Adjustment

Here is the problem:

- Wiper, passenger side, does not park fully at bottom, the wiper door jams on top of it;
- I did adjust the wiper arm, the one that attaches at the motor, adjustment is at full (no more space to move);
- Changed all the wiper door sensors (vacuum);

- When I restart the wiper, the arm moves a little further down and then goes on to wipe the window
- it seems that for a lack of adjustment the wiper motor is not parking fully, or not really going all the way down.
- Whenever restarted the wiper arm will go a little down before moving up - looks like there is an adjustment missing.

Help.

Regards,
Old 02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
bashcraft
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

The adjustment you're missing is on the wiper arms. There's a screw on the side of them that adjusts their position.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Flavio,
I believe you need to check the wiper vacuum valve that's in the wiper bay below the right-hand wiper arm.
As the arm comes all the way down it depresses the plunger and the valve signals that the wiper door can close. If it's not adjusted properly the valve signals too soon, and the door closes on the arm.
UPC 1, Sheet D6 in my 71 AIM.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Wiper Parking Adjustment

Quick Reply: 1969 Wiper Parking Adjustment