C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 1977 Corvette- Swap in 5.3l Cast Iron LS engine block

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Pelayo114
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C3 1977 Corvette- Swap in 5.3l Cast Iron LS engine block

Hi all, I have a somewhat modded 1977 corvette. It has the rear vertical window of a '77 vette(registered as 77 vette) but from the windshield up to the front bumper it is an '80-'82 style body. Aside from that the engine is a stock 1977 350 L48. I am looking to swap a 5.3l cast iron engine block that is from the LS engine family but is not an LS1. The seller of the engine asks for only 600, which seemed pretty good to me. I just want to know if anyone has any tips or knows where I can get a better or more suitable engine. I have already made a list of parts that I think I will need to install the engine. Again only looking for tips, advice or any help of any kind. My list includes a fuel pump in line (60psi), a corvette fuel filter '97, some engine brackets LS' old chevy 350, a computer, a mass air flow sensor, some fuel lines, O2 sensors, a driveshaft (3row or 4row preferred), a throttle body (mechanical), a throttle body cable and some exhaust manifold gaskets. Any help would be much appreciated. My car hasn't been used in over 14 years so it needs work.

Quick Reply: C3 1977 Corvette- Swap in 5.3l Cast Iron LS engine block