C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Dual quad setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 10:10 AM
8TL82
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Dual quad setup?

Got a SBC Offenhauser dual quad hi-rise manifold. Thinking of putting it on my Vette or Z-28. Any comments? What carbs to use, how much HP gain, etc. etc.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:18 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running Dual quad setup? (8TL82)

I love multiple carbs, and the only down side is what I call the increased "fuss" factor. If you have them set up right, they work just like any other carb setup, only you have the "cool" factor. Obviously, they can flow a bunch, but most street engines and intakes aren't able to handle really excessive amounts of fuel. I run four singles on my Corvair, a Tri-power on the vette, and dual quads on my 409 (it was in the '50 GMC I sold and is now waiting for a new home :D ). I run 2 Carter (Edelbrock) 450 CFM carbs on it.

Hans
Old 04-19-2002, 11:24 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Wrencher. The carbs are just for the image. A good 4 barrel will have all the flow you want. Dual carbs are alot harder to set up, you need 2 of everything plus twice the time to do the work. Also the cost, twice as much.
If image is what you want then go for it but for pure performance a well set up single carb is better.
I had no choice
Old 04-19-2002, 02:26 PM
Tominator
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edelbrock, sells dual carb kits, looks like it might be the easiest way to go. Yea it will be more work but so :cool:. For carbs I would go with small ones, but I would e-mail there tech support and they will help you out.

Last time I e-mailed them they gave me a 800 # to call and answered all my questions. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running Dual quad setup?

Quick Reply: Anyone running Dual quad setup?