C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacum Advance

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 AM
red99bird
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacum Advance

I have an Edelbrock Carburator on my 1978 Corvette. My question do'es the vacum advance hook up to the passenger side or the drivers side of the carburator??
Thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 AM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Not enough info to give you a 'good' answer. Do you want the car to be configured as it came from the factory? Or do you want it to be plumbed for best engine operation/performance? If you are going for the 'original' look, it must be connected to a 'ported' vacuum connenctor as shown in the AIM (factory assembly guide). If you want best engine operation, it should be connected to a [direct] manifold vacuum outlet...which will NOT be as the factory hooked it up. I hook mine up to manifold vacuum via the outlet sticking out the right side of the carb around the choke linkage. There are other manifold outlets; they will have full vacuum on them when the engine is idling. Ported outlets will have NO vacuum on them at idle, but will switch to 'full' vacuum once the throttle is opened a bit.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Not enough info to give you a 'good' answer.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacum Advance

Quick Reply: Vacum Advance