C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat in 1978 vette

Old 07-26-2014, 07:00 PM
finally kool
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a pic or diagram for the cable that's connected to the "vent" lever...(right above "cold to hot" control....mine feels like it's not connected to anything
Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 PM
JetBlue383stroker
7th Gear

Ive read several threads where it says the vacuum switch must be fully depressed. Even when I take the control wire off the butterfly lever the lever will not fully depress the switch. There is still 1/8 to 1/4 inch left to depress. Wondering if the butterfly lever could have been bent? I know it is a bit of a "bubba" fix but thinking of glueing on a 3/16th spacer onto the face of the switch plunger. Thoughts?

Last edited by JetBlue383stroker; 11-18-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Tommy K 47
Advanced

Originally Posted by JetBlue383stroker
Ive read several threads where it says the vacuum switch must be fully depressed. Even when I take the control wire off the butterfly lever the lever will not fully depress the switch. There is still 1/8 to 1/4 inch left to depress. Wondering if the butterfly lever could have been bent? I know it is a bit of a "bubba" fix but thinking of glueing on a 3/16th spacer onto the face of the switch plunger. Thoughts?
Sorry for the answer below :-( I guess I didn't carefully read your question about removing the control wire from the butterfly lever and still not having enough travel on the lever to completely depress the switch plunger. Sorry I'm getting old :-(

Hello JetBlue, no there is a temp cable adjusting turnbuckle already on your cable that will take care of that.

Last edited by Tommy K 47; 12-21-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: found more info.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:21 PM
JetBlue383stroker
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Tommy K 47
Sorry for the answer below :-( I guess I didn't carefully read your question about removing the control wire from the butterfly lever and still not having enough travel on the lever to completely depress the switch plunger. Sorry I'm getting old :-(

Hello JetBlue, no there is a temp cable adjusting turnbuckle already on your cable that will take care of that.
No worries, thanks for the reply, I did find the turnbuckle and tried turning it all the way. Still not enough travel, hate to admit it but went with the spacer. Lever depresses all the way now.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM
frankb914
1st Gear

Default Heater hose damage?

Originally Posted by ...Roger...
Try pinching off one of the heater hoses and see if that helps.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-97578.html
Does pinching the hose cause damage to the hose?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heat in 1978 vette