C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this carb work for me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM
68/BB
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Will this carb work for me...

My plan is to set up an L88 carb/hood/air cleaner to look pretty original. To do this I have a factory L88 hood, intake manifold 3933163, with a Holley #4780 800 CFM Double Pumper. I have an aftermarket L88 air cleaner kit purchased from Zip? Is this carb going to fit with this combo?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Timsride
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If everything is the same as the original it should work fine. The part I would worry about is the intake. I dont see it listed as an L88 intake, if its not the same dimension in height it may not work.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:56 PM
68/BB
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Timsride
If everything is the same as the original it should work fine. The part I would worry about is the intake. I dont see it listed as an L88 intake, if its not the same dimension in height it may not work.
I'm pretty sure the intake should have the exact same geometry as the one used on the L88. The difference is just the open plenum according to my research. The L88 had no divider section in there and mine does. My main concern is the double pumper Holley, I'm pretty sure the L88 had vacuum secondaries and I'm not sure how that is going to fit up around the dropped air cleaner support. I guess I will have to dig out the parts and mock it up to see how it clears. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Timsride
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It should work then. Post pics when its done

Get notified of new replies

To Will this carb work for me...

Quick Reply: Will this carb work for me...