Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C3 Tech/Performance
V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette Sponsored by
VBP

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Yellow74c3
CF Member

I will try to get a picture up of my air cleaner set up Tuesday....I'm at work now.....Fred
Yellow74c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
hadams
CF Member

I have a 75 L-82, 4-spd, 3.70 rear. I currently run an Edelbrock RPM Performer Intake Manifold, Edelbrock 600 CFM Carb, Ceramic headers, dual stainless exhaust and 1.6:1 Roller Tip Rockers. Improved it quite a bit but you won’t get what you’re looking for with just those mods either.

I bought a Lunati cam and Trick flow heads for mine to install this winter. Here’s the Cam specs:

Hydraulic Flat Tappet 286. PN – 60103LK. Not outrageous but certainly not tame by any measure:

• Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 268/276
• Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 227/233
• Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .489/.504
• LSA/ICL: 110/106
• Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
• RPM Range: 1800-6200
hadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #23
PeteZO6
CF Senior Member

Send a message via MSN to PeteZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post
This is my 77 355 vortec headed engine with a ZZ4 cam. The manifold is GMPP 12496570 it will accept either square or spreadbore. I am running a quardajet and the air cleaner is a drop base and fits under a stock hood. On a 80-82 you can't use a 3 inch element 2 1/2 should clear. Earlier hoods had more clearence.

Click the image to open in full size.
Nice looking engine and engine compartment. I don't know if you like the C4 crossed flag logo on the valve cover or not. I have those same valve covers on my '69 and took a chance and pried off the C4 crossed flags. To my complete surprise the depressed area on the valve cover exactly matches the C3 crossed flags valve cover emblem. Here is a photo of mine.
If you like it, you can get the emblem at most Corvette vendors. I like it a lot more than the C4 crossed flags, but it is a personal issue.

1969 Convertible
2007 ZO6
PeteZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #24
couperdecar
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZO6 View Post
Nice looking engine and engine compartment. I don't know if you like the C4 crossed flag logo on the valve cover or not. I have those same valve covers on my '69 and took a chance and pried off the C4 crossed flags. To my complete surprise the depressed area on the valve cover exactly matches the C3 crossed flags valve cover emblem. Here is a photo of mine.
If you like it, you can get the emblem at most Corvette vendors. I like it a lot more than the C4 crossed flags, but it is a personal issue.
This is the one case I do like the C4 logo. To each his own though
couperdecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #25
Yellow74c3
CF Member

Picture of my stock base air cleaner attached to a drop base, clears the HEI and the hood clearance is 3/4", the original base is cut to fit the drop base....what you see is a 7116 Edelbrock intake painted orange (stealth) and there is a 750 Holley carb on top of it, Fred

Last edited by Yellow74c3; 12-07-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Yellow74c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page Cam for 79 C3 with 350 Vortec w/ carb

Tags
272, 272h10, 350, c3, cam, carb, corvette, crane, dynamics, energizer, fast, h10, review, torque, vortec